• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
went to field this morning got back around noon ate lunch and then took the old Dodge for a drive. It appears that I have won the oil leak battle. For now anyway. Also the first time ever I haven't had a header flange leak on the first try, especially small Mopar the 2 center exhaust ports do not have 2 bolts per port. One bolt 2 ports then another bolt. I used solid copper gaskets with high temp. RTV and let it sit for 48 hours before running it. Marty

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my fencing kids won the BRONZE medal today in the national challenge competition!

One of my fencing kids screwed up big time and had a bad attitude and now has to dig herself out of the hole she dug herself into.

And one of my fencing kids was 'meh' in the competition and that is what was expected.

It's been a long day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Starting a kitchen Reno this morning. We're replacing the dated countertops with a nice quartz. We also have a new dishwasher sitting in the garage ready to go in.
29ff2a8eadf7c0020bcf05d663143be1.jpg
ac0bbbf88f04d991612d24d4a4af48b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got wrangled into working 10 hours today.
Yes, I can't say no.
Going in at noon.:bonk:
I've got tomorrow off and will be taking a friend to dinner for girl talk.
She split with her guy and needs a shoulder.
She's a mess.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Gym and haircut this morning, picking up my new phone and telling Verizon to stuff it. Then a city council meeting this evening at 1800 hours. That's 6:00 PM if you don't know military time and if you are a Democrat, it's when the big hand is on 12 and the little hand is on 6.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a double edge sword, isn't it. The extra money is nice but it's exausting. Been there.

Best wishes for your friend.

Lenny, I've put in so many hours since August.
I've got all this money coming in and no time to spend it.

Thanks concerning Charlotte.
She's a peach and didn't deserve/need him anyway.
Been telling her that for months.
Maybe this time she'll listen.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I need to introduce you to my wife. She knows how to spend money in no time.

I can have here there within 6 hours.

Jus' trying to help.:yum:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

I hope she listens to. It's great having friends who have each other's back.

You might think about leaving the money in your bank for retirement. I'm lucky to have some extra money now that I'm retired.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I went to Sacramento this morning to look at a job then drove to Stanford its near SanJose in the Bay Area about 150 miles from Sacramento to see my friend Robert. It took 3 hours to get there with traffic and idiots. I only stayed for about an hour as he had family there and wasn't feeling too hot. His blood got septic from a leak. His heart rate in the monitor was 105 resting and now has A-FIB they are hoping will go away when stabilized. Then three hours home.I don't know how long he will be there, I think they discharged him too soon he was discharged on Friday afternoon and was back on Sunday. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're tackling the dishwasher today and relocating a bank of cupboards in preparation for the new countertops on Friday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My checking account got 'cloned' by someone who is writing fake checks using checks that look real.

I'm off to the bank in a few minutes to close that account and reopen a new one. The bank cleared $1500 worth of bad checks, each written for $500. I have protection on that account so its the bank that is out the money, not me.

Then, at the same bank, I'm opening a new business checking account. Somehow I missed a meeting, got named the President of the fencing club, so now it is my job to get us a bank account. We had been using the treasurer's personal bank account as the club account, he just kept a good ledger of the funds, but he's now 65 and wants to turn that job over to someone else just in case he dies. The club was officially accepted by the I.R.S. as a "non-profit" corporation about a month ago so now it's time to take all those papers to the bank, open an account, and deposit the money into the bank. He will still be the one controlling the money but we will have the ability to have multiple people sign checks, use a club 'debit' card for ordering equipment, etc.

All the checks, petty cash, legal documents, etc, will be stored at the fencing club in a file cabinet instead of scattered between his house and my house in piles on our respective desks :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope she listens to. It's great having friends who have each other's back.

You might think about leaving the money in your bank for retirement. I'm lucky to have some extra money now that I'm retired.

Yep yep yep!
We had brunch together instead of dinner this evening.
I'm hoping I'm going to be that one friend who has gotten through to her in a very clear manner. :smile:

My funds are fine now that I'm not being everyone else's personal bank account.
Lol

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol

Been there and done that too with regard to my adult grandkids, especially the grand daughters. It caused a family melt down and now they are not talking to me/us. It sure is a lot quieter and cheaper that way. :clap::clap::clap:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Yep yep yep!
We had brunch together instead of dinner this evening.
I'm hoping I'm going to be that one friend who has gotten through to her in a very clear manner. :smile:

Lol

GREAT!

Just got home from the weekly bingo at the Legion. Didn't win anything but it's always fun to socialize.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out to check on conditions up an hour away heading north. It's not far but we've seen years where there's nothing in the city but a foot of snow up where we're going this weekend with the scouts.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids have two days off from school. I still have to work so Cathy is taking them downtown to see the Pompey exhibit at the science center.
Tonite, they leave for our last weekend at the lake for the season.

Sailing was a bust this year. Lake Stockton was over flood stage most of the summer. We needed a boat to get to our boat. So we never took the sailboat our of winter storage mode.

We have to move the RV from the park by month's end so this will be the last time we can just enjoy the camp. Come November 1st I will hitch up and move it to Springfield MO.

I hope next year is less complicated.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the gym this morning. This afternoon we have a "Save President Trump - Impeach Congress" rally.

Some of the organizers have arranged for Candace Owen's to speak at Ames, Iowa and Iowa State University coming up.

FYI, presidential elections start in Iowa, so that is why we're getting started now

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today was paperwork day in the morning, I did the estimate for the job I looked at on Tuesday and a bunch of certifications for safety to keep my commercial liability folks off of me. Then I went and got 4 sheets of 1/2" ply 1- 2X4 and some roof mastic. Tomorrow morning I am going to get up at 3 am load the dog in the old Dodge and head to the work cabin. Last time I stayed there it rained and I had a leak right above my new bathroom so I need to seal it up before it ruins everything, then insulate the bathroom walls and put the plywood on. Also if I can get the COOT in the truck I will bring it home for the winter and a few improvments. Full report with pictures upon my return. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 106

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the funeral of a good friend this morning. He died of a heart attack at 75.

Then errands

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
New countertops are going in today. While that's going on I made a trip to the city to pick up a Christmas present for one of the kids that was on sale. We got a good start on the presents this year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
God, it's after 8pm already??
Where did this day go?

I was fairly lazy today.
Made a bunch of phone calls, cleaned the apartment which takes only an hour given the size, then went downtown to Spengler's restaurant and pub for a Reuben and a beer.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Taking my car in for an oil change this morning. 23 000 miles on it and I bought the car new 8 months ago. Yes, I like to drive.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Put the M3 convertible away for the winter.
Boats are all put away.
All that's left is the patio furniture.
Then back to finishing up the loose ends in the remodel the house project.

Status
Not open for further replies.