• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ordered a new radidio...

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Kenwood TM V71A dual bander, 2 meter and 440. Due here on Monday via UPS. $359 with free shipping and no sales tax. That's a total savings of $62 by mail order, and sadly my local dealer could only discount by $30, bringing it down to $369 plus tax. I'm tired of my batteries going dead on the HTs.

547_800_551.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully last night was the last time I'm embarrassed by the battery on a HT crapping out during a QSO. Can't wait for the UPS guy to roll down the street with the new radio. Need to pick up the components to make a fused harness to run off the HF's 13.8v aux. power outlet for the OmniD.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Need to pick up the components to make a fused harness to run off the HF's 13.8v aux. power outlet for the OmniD.

Joe, I use a RIGrunner power distribution panel from West Mountain Radio.

The one I have is an eight outlet model, but a lot of variations are available. Each outlet is separately fused. It uses the Anderson Power Pole standard power plugs and ready made cables are available too.

Power Werx has all the anderson products, connectors for various radios, wire, cable, and the West Mountain Radio power strips.

West has kits with the distribution panel and a sack of connectors.

Jim

Attachments

• rr_4008.jpg
    rr_4008.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 137

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
techs also have access to 6 meter bands to kenwoods are nice radios just get a an old 12 amp or better computer power supply works good for running radios my alinco is running off 13 amps