• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier muskeg restoration

Morehk

Hi everyone, i recently aquired an muskeg tractor that i´m planning to fix and have some fun with.

I´m wondering about the gearbox though and was wondering if anyone knows how it works
The gearbox got 2 levers, the upper has 2 positions, i assume it´s reverse or forwards, and the lower got 4, and is probably the 4 gears, is there anyone that can confirm this?
888728_tgcf5y.jpg

NSSW48

The lever on the left is for 1 2 3 4 , the far left plunger is 1 and 2 the center plunger is 3 and 4 , with both of these in neutral ,( center ) the right hand lever is reverse

timandkim

i have heard that you can get a 2 speed drop box for a muskeg carrier is this true or just a vicious rumor just get my hopes up . it would be great to have a faster range for lighter work reverse gear is painfully slow . anyone got any input

Morehk

Well, i hit a dead on this restoration because i just don´t have time for it, kind of sad. I just don´t have the time or space for it :S

It´s seems that the right wheel bearing holder is missing, so i need to build a new one, has anyone done that before? or can i buy a new one somewhere?