• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Biker life rekindled ..........

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever since doing a job in in September near Berlin, NH and taking my old girl HD 86' Tour Glide to ride and finding near perfect riding country, my latent biker has got new vigor. After returning from NH I immediately started looking for a new scoot and purchased in late November as reported here. Since purchasing I immediately started making it "mine", like all bikers, by doing modifications. Besides small items like windshield trim and pouches, Mustang seat, and bags rails, I decided to give it a Street Glide look by removing the tour pak, relocating the license plate with a Road King light bar.

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1759.jpg

Now that I have the new bike, I decided to do some much need reconditioning of the 86'. It still had the crunched front fender from my deer run in last August and after 27 years the oil lines needed a going over. I'm old and can't do the contortions I use to sooooo, I bought a lift table. Motorcycles, quads, lawn tractors and a host of other gizmos convinced me it was the right thing to do. Glad I did, what a nice thing to have. Since I got it I've had everything on it (friends stuff too) ....motorcycles, quads, mowers, pressure washers. I just did fender, oil lines, wheel, and radio work on the 86 and I know I moved work height 10 times. I did a review of the table and it's now posted on NH Pro Equipment's blog. BTW .... If you ever need tools Clark Heinz at NH Pro is a stand up guy to deal with, I don't think I've seen a bad review and after personal experience I now know why!

IMG_1755.JPG

After all this, the wife expressed some interest in biking again. She drove motorcycles in her younger years soooo we bought her a starter bike, 2007 Honda VT750 Spirit with 1700 miles on it. It's was the typical little ole man story ...... 70 year old man, bought new, $1400 of mods on a $6500 machine, bike is mint. I thought it was worth the $3600 I gave him for it.

photo.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice - I like the wife's bike - that looks like a steal at $3600!

It actually had a really nice luggage rack and sissy bar attachment on it and she said "I don't want that shit on there", so I took it off. It's actually bigger than a Sportster. He gave me all the stock parts. Mods included Vance & Hines exhaust (sounds great), Memphis Shades windshield, all new Kurakyn signal and tail lights, luggage rack/bar, and 3 luggage bags. Here's a pic of when we brought it home with my BF's GF on it. I did add the crash bars .... My wife rode it for the first time Sunday and she did great. She's working on her endorsement now.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 125

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
On your wifes bike it has a red wind shield ,,,,, I got pulled over for having a red wind shield in California . Is that legal where you live ??

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Those are both sweet looking machines.

I'm a bit like the 70-year guy you bought the wife's bike from. The spirit still wants one but the body ... not so much. Besides, a friend recently turned me on to the "old man's alternative" ... a trike. I can see me pulling one of those behind the RV.