• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford Tractor Conversion

Umberto

I spotted this on tumblr tonight and would have loved to have it when I lived in the Midwest.

Ford 8N tractor outfitted with a Dearborn cab, snow plow & track kit.

tumblr_ng8wa2J9nY1rmuzyno1_500.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Classic !!!!

I want one :)

Can you tell that my 2000 plow truck with only 63,000 miles is acting up ? Or more correctly; not starting…so not acting at all.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks like a drift buster, my plow truck is running strong the heater motor caught fire the other night. while waiting for parts I installed a box heater from a freightliner, all I can say that thing cranks. I want my defrost back, but I think I'm keeping the freightliner heater in the loop that thing will keep me warm on the coldest of days.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Classic !!!!

I want one :)

Can you tell that my 2000 plow truck with only 63,000 miles is acting up ? Or more correctly; not starting…so not acting at all.

maybe it needs acting lessons.......:pat: :yum:

I crack myself up sometimes........:yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There a couple of those in may area that go to the old tractor shows. But they are sans the cab and the vee plow. Pretty cool old tractors, used when it was too wet in area's of a field, and to limit compaction of the soil.

Didn't know if this snow plow version with the cab, but it makes perfect sence.

Thanks for posting this.

Regards, Kirk

torovision

Can't see it from the side but that track system looks like a kit that Bombardier used to offer for the 8/9N and I think for the early Ferguson tractors too. My grandfather had one on his Ford (if it's the same) basically a front set of spring loaded bogies mounted to the frame behind the steers. Amazing system, individual foot brakes on the tractor really helped steer it. Years ago I tried to buy the system from my Uncle after my Grandfather passed but he preferred to let it rot in the garage and now of course it's long since gone.
My Grandfather at that time lived with in 10 miles of Bombardiers facility in Valcourt, Quebec.

torovision

Can't see it from the side but that track system looks like a kit that Bombardier used to offer for the 8/9N and I think for the early Ferguson tractors too. My grandfather had one on his Ford (if it's the same) basically a front set of spring loaded bogies mounted to the frame behind the steers. Amazing system, individual foot brakes on the tractor really helped steer it. Years ago I tried to buy the system from my Uncle after my Grandfather passed but he preferred to let it rot in the garage and now of course it's long since gone.
My Grandfather at that time lived with in 10 miles of Bombardiers facility in Valcourt, Quebec.

(Sorry, time frame for that track kit was the early sixties)
That kit lay in my Uncles garage until he moved to Ontario in the early eighties when it was thrown out. A real shame:sad: