• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for help with OC4 rearend for 1404 IMP

Treewizzard

Hello all, I have been in the process of rebuilding my Imp and taking pictures along the way. I will be getting pictures up hopfully pretty soon. The problem I am having is try to remove the yoke off of the front of the OC4 rearend. I do believe it has a roll pin holding it in place but it will not budge at all. If anyone may have a sugestion that would be awesome. Hope everyone is well.

jp11

Spray can of air (keyboard cleaning kind) if you hold it upside down it will spray liquid.. cool the heck out of the pin. I don't think I'd mess with too much with a torch.. unless you did it real quick. Not sure if there's rubber seals in there, or just brass ones.

JP

desertsnow

I assume you are referring to the drive shaft yoke. If so, yes, there should be a roll pin holding it in place. If you are having trouble removing the roll pin, try tapping the yoke towards/away from the OC4. It may just be in a bind.

d2doug

If you have a slide hammer tool, attach it to the yoke with a small chain. This is a lot better than beating or prying on the yoke. Be sure to spray the spline area with WD 40 first.