• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pulling out for a ride in T-2hrs

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Half the fun for me is the road trip.....

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• snow trac.jpg
    snow trac.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 240

undy

You heading to VT Mike? Don't you already have one or two? I guess you can't race if you've only got one... :clap:

Nice find.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i'l try to get out to mine some time this week post some pics I have some stuff to move around before it comes home

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Paul, I was hoping to get a guessing game going,,,,,

Joan I don't anticipate much blowing out of it as I head back

I wanted a photo but I am too tired to dig the camera out..

Just imagine a bottle of yuengling and quick nap. got 12 hours of driving in.

Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well the remaining seven hours of driving took an extra 3 Hrs. the vacuum pump decided to seize tight eating the serpentine belt in the process.

15 miles without a water pump Power steering or an alternator was exciting.

found parts and made the repair and I am turned around headed home. *with the cat*

knocking off early tonight. I big visions of populating this with photos amazing how tired and lazy one gets,

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck there Mike, wish I could have rode along...

Keep your eyes open the rest of the way home. In ten years you'll fine that alot harder to do..:ermm:

Post up some pics, when you get home safe and sound. We'll be waiting for them!

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got Home intact! GPS summary is always good data, I like to track the fuel burn and mileage. I was a little surprised at the max speed, I don't recall being much over 82ish cruise was set in and around 72 and 82 depending on speed limit.
Snow trac:
During the trip I Dumped some Diesel straight down the carb,*about a cup* I put some in the gas tank as well...

A random trucker was looking the machine over and saw the bee or hornet nest in the carb, I mentioned it was tight and most likely coming out, He said to try soaking the motor with diesel. Luckily the choke was shut before they built the condo, I picked it free and the wind blew it out nicely. at the next stop I asked
The attendant at the fuel service fuel stop to fill the motor He did not bat an eye and filled the motor......

Motor is showing signs of letting go, the sloshing around on the trailer really helped. I am going to pump some grease into which ever cyl is on the power stroke and see if the engine will turn before I yank it out. the motor was solid upon receipt, after the tow the crank is willing to try to move time to get the pistons to follow suit.....

Attachments

• 101_6960 (Small).JPG
    101_6960 (Small).JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 101_6959 (Small).JPG
    101_6959 (Small).JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 117

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad your back safe and sound.. Sounds like an adventure for sure!

Pics of the machine are manditory ASAP..:biggrin:

We love pics! I have a tractor engine full of diesel in the crank case. Hopefully when I get to it, there won't be any issues with the bottom end. It's a 504 CDI diesel, and it took alot more fuel to do this than I thought it would. Like 25 gallons or so...

Regards, Kirk