• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi on the move

Kristi Kt-4

I was able to get my Kt-4 running and driving this past weekend. A couple suprises when lubricating/greasing it but thats expected. But..... let me tell ya, what a fun rig to drive! It is family friendly so no one is left behind. :w00t2:

Attachments

• 20140823_151838.jpg
    20140823_151838.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 272
  • 20140823_151922.jpg
    20140823_151922.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 267

jask

Cool!! but every time I look at that paint job I start humming the French National anthem... and why do all of the doors look like windows??? was it built for tall people with short legs!!?
wait... can that thing swim!? I do not see a propeller but if it swims and has that paint perhaps you can call it "Le genouille".....:whistling::biggrin:
e2c13e9d86d0080a271a436a6180e43a_large.jpeg

search

seriously though... that is a very cool machine - congratulations!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
red white and blue good American colors put that on a truck and join us on one of our meets.

Kristi Kt-4

The doors and windows are from the factory with the exception of the rear doors windows extended. It is a hybrid that was delivered to the US Army as an amphibious model with the track flaps, roof exiting exhaust, and amphibious cab. It has the standard rear pintle and a pintle/skid plate combo in front. The standard amphibious model tracks were 2 belts but this one has 4 belts from the factory.

I am going to run it this winter for the get together and other events. I will stick to using my Tuckers for grunt work! With only 180 vehicles total and 19 Kt-4's made it deserves to be in retirement mode! :biggrin: I only know where 5 of them are. It will be an ongoing project.... I need to do some fiberglass work before it can make a water crossing. I am also going to get the hydraulic parts I need and get the system functioning again.

The exhaust ductwork looks like something that you would find in a house!

Attachments

• 20140823_194516.jpg
    20140823_194516.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 20140823_194646.jpg
    20140823_194646.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its a Kristi, but its still awesome!

Please keep the updates coming, with photos!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
hey check out those awesome snot trac seat cushions Allen needs to add those to his kt-3 to give it some classs

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Way to go MAtt.

Kt-4 on you tube please.

Mike

Double Ditto :hammer:

Love to see the old stuff get brought back to life.

What were the 2 bangs @ the 9:28 minute mark ? That was after the rear door banged shut.
Do you have a link to the last video ?

I have several videos on YouTube but don't know how to find them. YouTube sort of baffles me.

As to the noise, not sure, might be the rear door? Might be I hit a bad bump.

nikos

Melensdad

When i see your video again and again, ( 6:07 - 6:22) i realize that :
As an ex owner, your previous ST4 had some track tensions problems in the right rubber track. ( Its very easy for the new owner to fix it, if its already done)
As you can see the position of the rubber truck on the right sprocket, there is a significant space between them.

Have a nice time all of you:clap:

Regards Nikos

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that corvair engine sounds pretty good if that's all the faster they go my snot trac can run circles around it in second. where is the super secret speed you talk about Allen.

Kristi Kt-4

Haha, isn't the saying that slow and steady wins the race. I was in first gear in that video.... I am going to post another in second. Snow Trac operators and passengers never have a smile like Kristi operators and passengers! Did you see that grin in the video! :biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haha, isn't the saying that slow and steady wins the race. I was in first gear in that video.... I am going to post another in second. Snow Trac operators and passengers never have a smile like Kristi operators and passengers! Did you see that grin in the video! :biggrin:

See now I was going to be nice. But you just had to throw that out there.

Well the one thing I noticed in the video is that the KT4 got stuck in the puddle at the end of the video. The thing stops dead at the 42 second mark, right after entering the puddle. I'm sure you intentionally cut that video off when the KT4's tracks hit that puddle so as not to further embarrass the brand :whistling:

the old trucker

If your talking about cutting off the video, you'll have to ask the owner or the person that took the video. I have enough trouble turning off/on the computer...
Maybe the next video will show more...