• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is it spring yet?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We have really been lucky so far, but thats coming to an end the next 4 days or so , looks like lots of the white stuff & record breaking low temps . Not looking forward to it, but guess I cant bitch because of what the most of you have been dealing with . :wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday

372153_G.gif

• 19°
  • 11°
Occ'l light snow

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I was sitting here wishing the dam grass would grow....so I could go out and mow it!! It was 44 yesterday...was out grinding stumps and having a great time!!:w00t2:20 here today..used to love that kind of weather. but any more it sure makes the old joints hurt!!! Oh well summer is comming:clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Geez, we're only two months into the snow season and you want it to be spring already. Still looking forward to another 3 months of -40 weather and blizzards before I even think about spring.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes Im an old man and I cant weight very long!!!!!Just the other day the doc told me I might give some thought about buying green bananas.....might not have time for them to ripen to eat them!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We're projected to get between 4" and 6" of snow this week-end. Now, before any of you guys laugh, remember that this is East Texas and a heavy mist can shut the whole place down. I'm going to fill all the vehicles and gas cans up today and hunker down. There's no way that I'm going to be driving anywhere, these people are crazy, and it's supposed to be freezing, with record lows, all next week. At least it should be peaceful. My wife left with her 93-year old mother and 90-year old aunt to meet up with her sister in Mississippi. She'll just miss the bad weather on the way out but will likely get stuck on the way back. Ah well, as long as she's safe, I think that I can live with it.

Like someone else said, I used to like this kind of weather but not any more. It's too hard on the joints.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We're projected to get between 4" and 6" of snow this week-end. Now, before any of you guys laugh, remember that this is East Texas and a heavy mist can shut the whole place down. I'm going to fill all the vehicles and gas cans up today and hunker down. There's no way that I'm going to be driving anywhere, these people are crazy, and it's supposed to be freezing, with record lows, all next week. At least it should be peaceful. My wife left with her 93-year old mother and 90-year old aunt to meet up with her sister in Mississippi. She'll just miss the bad weather on the way out but will likely get stuck on the way back. Ah well, as long as she's safe, I think that I can live with it.

Like someone else said, I used to like this kind of weather but not any more. It's too hard on the joints.
I feel for Ya Frank , its bad enough when the idiots are used to that type of weather , so I can only imagine of how bad it is when they aint . Looks like everybodys gonna get it from this next blast though from what I seen .

Just stay honkered in if Ya can & be safe . Hopefully it wont last to long . :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Put the plow back on the truck just in case it does give us more than they are saying. We have had snow showers for the past 3 days but only about 5 inches total. I was about 25 miles west of here and it snowed hard and the plows were out everywhere. They have about 8-10 inches already but it has been missing us.

loboloco

Wintry mix headed in here tomorrow and monday. That means ice and idiots. Yep, I am ducking and covering too.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's down 38° at present but that means it's dropped 15° in the last 3 hours so it's on it's way. It's supposed to start with sleet and freezing rain overnight, giving up to 1" of ice on the roads, and then followed by a 2" to 4" accumulation of snow by tomorrow afternoon. Going to church tomorrow morning should be interesting for all the faithful. Now me, I'm a believer but haven't been in a church for Sunday service for longer than I can remember, so I'm going to settle down and be lazy all day. Made all the preparations I need to make this afternoon. I may stick my head out about the middle of next week. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: