• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

antique power event, Oregon

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
For those who like antique power, the annual Antique Power Land weekends in Brooks (Just N of Salem) is the 28,29 of July and 4,5 of August. While there are events there through the year, these two weekends every group shows up. Kids of all ages love it. Occasionally there is even a snow cat there.:clap:

http://www.antiquepowerland.com/html/steam-up.html

CT

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
vintage vw show in seattle snow trac's are showing the 21st of july

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
vintage vw show in seattle snow trac's are showing the 21st of july

first, got to know, you bringing the power rings?

next, where in Seattle, that place gets bigger and bigger everyday, need to plan ahead, is there a place to land a helicopter - VW powered,

are other snow cats with VW power allowed to come,

and is there bbq at your place after the show?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
first, got to know, you bringing the power rings?

next, where in Seattle, that place gets bigger and bigger everyday, need to plan ahead, is there a place to land a helicopter - VW powered,

are other snow cats with VW power allowed to come,

and is there bbq at your place after the show?

you may still be able to register a vw powered for the show.

no BBQ . Jeff has all the answers. I was told he contacted you.

i'll send pictures and you can pretend that you took a kristy.

http://www.cascadekombis.org/vintage-meet

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
WHAT !!!

no BBQ......

no ENERGY RINGS......

you really do not want a Kristi there, people will see instantly how superior they are too snot tracs, I'll stay home and spare you the embarrassment

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Replaced the variator belt today, and drove around a bit. My, she does not like not being on snow. But did well enough to be in the parade if I get there next weekend. Also found I have a lube leak in the transmission. It was a qt low from just before the last snowflake adventure.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Replaced the variator belt today, and drove around a bit. My, she does not like not being on snow. But did well enough to be in the parade if I get there next weekend. Also found I have a lube leak in the transmission. It was a qt low from just before the last snowflake adventure.

those cheesy gates replacement belts need to be dressed before they will do any work. 300 H-H has a trick to get them to work. I find that on concrete they are quite responsive with any belt. dirt needs a healthy bite to execute a turn.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like their website.

I am very impressed with the Steam School. that is the key to future success. The mechanics/physics involved in canning food is a challenge in many homes in my world. holding and maintaining a program to educate/train people about steam and hobbyist use of steam is really impressive.

the Feature equipment this year is * Homebuilt * that made me smile. there are some really unique adaptations of * homebuilt * equipment out and about. The best ones most likely don't have the means to bring them to a show to expose' but..... sharing the story of such equipment is likely happening.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Occasionally I've seen a couple Tuckers 543/542 there. There might be a snow trac there the first weekend this year. probably not second, but you never know.

Bring it the second weekend and I will show up to lean on it. I would love to see it in person.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Bring it the second weekend and I will show up to lean on it. I would love to see it in person.

professor gizmo squirrel,

you will have a sam superior snow track to lean, at the second weekend of the great oregon steam up. life is good for the squirrel.

hey Jeff, Jim vt and other snow trac owners you should talk to cider tom about bringing your fabulous snow tracs to the great oregon steam up.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm going to pass on going. it is a little far for a one day trip. 192 miles
he did talk to us about it at the seattle vw meet.

DSC00782.jpg

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
OK I'm going to be there both weekends. If you are there the 2nd Sat wear your ZoeA art shirts. Don't have a ZoeA shirt? Beg Surfer to sell you one.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone shows up this weekend, I'm out with the kerosene Rumley tractors. These look like steam tractors but aren't.

Watched a pull harvester working the wheat field. it was shocking.

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
No, no rumley snow trac's. But when you discuss the difficulties of making parts, etc, these folks have been down that path and know what you're talking about.

If the interest in the snow trac by the others setting up their stuff is any indication, it should be a popular exhibit.

Now if only someone was displaying a 56x tucker, or a national park touring bus...

pop pop wheeze bang.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My Snow Trac and my Hart Parr are at a smaller but similar event here locally today.

Both are welcome additions, and both will be at a larger event in 2 weeks in Western Iowa.

Either one seems to fascinate some people, more than others. It is nice to hear the story of each machine told by some one who knows it's use and history.

Great events. Weather here is over cast and 75 Deg.. about perfect.

Regards, Kirk

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Today, more pix to follow.

Attachments

• Photo1680.jpg
    Photo1680.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Photo1682.jpg
    Photo1682.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 193