• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Forums Forums Fishing/Camping Resort!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
This is from another thread that had a different topic. BCzoom said I should start a new thread so here it is!

Well I was actually thinking about opening a small resort on a lake and using those big freakin overseas cargo carriers they sell for a $1000 each for the cabins! A few alterations on them and they would be great!
Now I just have to wait a couple of years to save money with my new job, find some land.... containers.... welding torch.... and BAM!!!! Resort! Then just advertise the crap out of it and deduct the expense!!! Annnnnnd once I pay off the local permit guys and get those containers turned into cottages, I will have major equity which FARRRRR outweighs the cost of the whole thing!!!!! :biggrin:

Pretty soon..... we all will have a fishin', boating hole for FF and the WORLD!!!!!!!! :thumb:
What do you folks think???

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
You'll need to be really good at guessing [or like you noted with advertising: creating] where the next popular lakefront area is going to be. Even in areas without specific attractions, lake front property is often pretty well elevated in price. In areas with specific attractions, the price of the propery each one of your "cabins" would sit on could outweight the price you have into them by 100, maybe even 1000X!

Now, go out and prove me wrong! Or go to Wyoming while you develope your game plan....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend was going to start a camp ground on a few acres he had by a small river. Nice area. The more he dug into it the regulations and stringing electric, water and septic were cost prohibitive. He was planning to have the people camping bring there own trailers or tents. Nothing fancy for sure but he decided against it and sold the property instead.