• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

On Ebay : OC4 Slave Cylinder Drive Axle OC12, Fits Spryte Standard Track

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Found these on EBay if anyone is interested....

s.gif
s.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OC4-...012QQitemZ220150641502QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Driv...012QQitemZ220150640076QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The axle is not a bad price but the slave cylinder is way out of line You can get it at the parts store for less than half of that. :pirate:

Snowcat Pat

Ive searched high and low for that slave cyl at the auto parts stores. All I get is "Out of production" What is the part number that works? I may have wasted good money starting to make them out of SS thinking they were totally unavailable. I can't find kits for them either, just the rubber piston cup.

Thats the good axle with the bearing collar.

Pat

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ive searched high and low for that slave cyl at the auto parts stores. All I get is "Out of production" What is the part number that works? I may have wasted good money starting to make them out of SS thinking they were totally unavailable. I can't find kits for them either, just the rubber piston cup.

Thats the good axle with the bearing collar.

Pat

Pat, there are two different ones that I know of look at what the Casting number is on the side one of them may be out of production.post or pm the number.

The one you would be making would be better anyhow. :)

Snowcat Pat

It took me about 2 minutes to track this down;

http://www.remoteaccessservice.com/parts.htm

Sacramento was the clue. (Hi Tim)

Anyway, the numbers I have are-

casting- FE 21637
-which an old Wagner photo book lists as part # F26022 That number is good at the auto parts stores but its listed as out of production.

Some other numbers- could be kits or cyl or just the piston cup.
FN 36313
WCKF 33124
SC 26022
United 14451

Cyl is 1-1/4 bore.

Thats all I have.

A source for kits would be very helpful if the cyls are not in production.

Pat Foster
Spryte Improvement
Wallace Idaho

Last edited:

IMP

Site Supporter
I will confirm what snowcat pat offered. My research found slave casting #FE-21637 = Wagner# F26022. I bought 2 of these slave cylinders in Dec. 05. And used them on my IMP 1404 WT ser# 600. Good luck

Slave SC26022

Imp
Did you find yours at auto parts store or brake parts supplier? I tracked down (1) yesterday at a brake supplier for $105 last one. No other stock in Wagner and current on hold for production.

scooterd

Bumper to Bumper looked up the casting # and came up with two part #'s. F26022 and F70204. One has a 1/2" inlet and the other is 7/16". He was in a hurry to leave so we didn't look into it any more. He said they look the same, other than the inlet size. He will check into the availibility on Monday, unless someone else checks first.

IMP

Site Supporter
I bought two slave units for around a hundred each at a small local auto part shop. They just ordered it. I could check with them again if your efforts fail. As I remember it they found one unit in the midwest and another on the west coast.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Everybody's experience is different but mine with the local Napa and Carquest came up empty handed. Was able to order in the rubber piston cups. Petersons supplied two new cylinders I don't know if they have more. Thought about trying to retrofit a more common slave cylinder since the support bracket is steel and could be easily modified. If Pat is machining new replacements that solves the problem.

Last edited:

scooterd

Bumper to Bumper looked up the casting # and came up with two part #'s. F26022 and F70204. One has a 1/2" inlet and the other is 7/16". He was in a hurry to leave so we didn't look into it any more. He said they look the same, other than the inlet size. He will check into the availibility on Monday, unless someone else checks first.

Parts guy says he can still get F26022 special order. That means the warehouse doen't stock it and it could take up to two weeks to get it.

Snowcat Pat

I called Bumper to Bumper today and the impatient salesman said neither number is available -his system doesn't even show them. I've called ten other parts stores and only Shucks shows the numbers as available but not to them (huh?) I'm low on ideas- and I really want the kits even more than the cyls. I can't find either but other folks are, what am I doing wrong? I'm building SS slaves but they will be expensive. I have found the piston cups at NAPA but if these OEM slaves are still out there for around $100 I need to find them.
IMP would you please check your source for me?
-Pat

IMP

Site Supporter
Power Transmission inc. in Fairbanks AK said they could get them in a week from Wagner warehouse in California. Call Ray at 907/456-2230 Wagner pn# F26022 casting#FE-21637. Sorry it took so long for me to respond,I didnt know you asked me a question. Next time PM me

Snowcat Pat

Thanks to IMP for the source. :applause: Fantastic!

I now have eight OC4 slave cyls on back order from Wagner, they have to build them, may take a while. Wagner won't give a delivery estimate. About $110 each. They had two on back order when I called so my eight = ten cyls so maybe they will make them sooner than later.

Kits are obsolete but the Wagner part number is F33124, maybe there is some old stock, but Wagner won't make them now.

I'll report back when I get them, meanwhile on to the next mystery.
-Pat

And its snowing!:snow2_smi:!

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pat, did you ever hear back from Wagner on these slave cylinders? Are you making replacements yet?

Snowcat Pat

I've called the supplier many times since that last post and every time they call Wagner and the answer is the same, back ordered and no delivery date. I think they are not going to make them. Or I just have a bad connection. I also back ordered the kits from Napa and finally they too decided not to make them. The cup is still available as Napa #14451. I bought Remote Access's last 2 kits for way too much $. There is not much in a kit. Tim said he was thinking of having old slaves sleeved, I don't know if he did that. I haven't made any yet, the SS material is laying around unfinished. Just no demand this season...yet.

Pixie had a repair thread on this subject using an automotive clutch slave.

-Pat

LOCATORS

bulldog just email the address i have lister and look for a cylinder #fe 21637 there are 2 modles and you will have to determan whitch you need.

PrecisionMarine

Wanted to add to this thread in case anyone has a need for the Thiokol steering cylinders info..
Steering master cylinder: Wagner casting #FE14912 - complete cylinder is part F36313 (EIS #E39947) - 1" bore.
Originally used in early '60s Ford Econoline van
Wagner kit is F33192
EIS kit is M162

Steering slave cylinder: Wagner casting #FE21637 - complete cylinder is part F26022 - 1-1/4" bore.
Originally used in IH 405-Series '61-'69 "Emoryville" - IH # 19995R91
Wagner kit is F26111
EIS kit is C667

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Great thread !:biggrin: I just replace my master cylinders . I had to grind them down to fit . The sticks are too narrow to slide forward over the master cylinders . With a little paint they look great ! Not sure what to do with the old ones . If there's a rebuild kit guess I will buy one and keep the otheres for spare to the next owner !

Going to bleed the system today will check the slaves

Attachments

• iron goat 012.jpg
    iron goat 012.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 377

Azak

I'm looking for an axel or two for a Nodwell fn60 with an OC12 rear end any suggestions would be appreciated

zspryte

Site Supporter
The rebuild kit numbers I found were Raybestos CSK435 and, a long time ago, Napa 435. The Raybestos kit comes with more items than shown above. The Napa number for just the cup is 14451 - 10 cups for $3.

You might be able to gather the kit parts for less than the Amazon price. I bet the retaining rings are standard sizes and the boot was probably used on other cylinders. The only unique part is likely the aluminum sleeve in the Raybestos kit. Does anyone knows the individual part numbers or specs?

Having a rebiuld kit when the cylinder walls are pitted only goes so far -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 8.54.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 8.54.51 AM.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 150