• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 10 / 17

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 10 / 17
DID YOU KNOW...
Brown sugar is white sugar combined with molasses, which gives it a soft texture. There is light and dark brown sugar -- with the light generally being a more delicate flavor and the dark being the old-fashioned style with more intense molasses flavor. Both granulated and liquid brown sugar are now available but neither of these forms should be substituted for regular brown sugar in recipes.
1. What was singer Rudy Vallee's nick-name?
2. What is your home state if you are a "down-easter"?
3. The Ken Berry character , Captain Wilton Parmenter, was featured in what TV sitcom?
4. What year saw the release of the original movie "The Omen"?
a. - 1970
b. - 1972
c. - 1974
d. - 1976
5. what cartoon feline was fond of telling us, "I hate meeces to pieces!"?
6. What was the original name of CITGO, the Gasoline company?
7. The 1973 movie, "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" starred what two pop music idols?
8. Minnesota's lake Itaska is the source of what river?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first refrigerator was built in 1859.
1. the vagabond lover
2. maine
3. "F-TROOP"
4. - d
5. MR. JINKS
6. Cities Service
7. BOB DYLAN AND KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
8. the mississippi
TRUTH !!
In 1859, a Frenchman named Ferdinand Carr'e invented the very first refrigerator, which
effectively used ammonia as a cooling agent. Ammonia was eventually replaced by
fluoride-chlorine-hydrocarbon, which helped refrigerators run more efficiently, but
scientists soon discovered that it had a very negative impact on the ozone layer.
Environmentally friendly fridges soon appeared-using ammonia again.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
An "almost" Ace ... missed #4.

An almost inverse ace ... I got #6.

The way this has been going these past few weeks I think that I may have to go see my doctor. My scores have dropped dramatically ... or is JK just asking the wrong questions? :biggrin::biggrin: