• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Started working out

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Never been a big health nut in the past. I went to the gym briefly for a couple months when I was 19. But nothing since. One of the things that has come out of physio is that I was able to get an 8 month gym membership paid by the insurance. So far this week, I've been there four days in a row.

At the complex there is a track upstairs that surrounds the pool. I start out by walking four laps which works out to roughly 1 mile. I do this using my walker. Following this I do some light weight lifts with 5lb weights. Next up is a 20 minute workout on the recumbent bike or Nustep bike. I prefer the nustep but it's not always available.

Following the workout portion of my new fitness regime, I head downstairs for a round in the sauna and hotbub then out to the pool for a few minutes.

My back is still a mess having spasms like crazy. I'm focusing on building strength back in my legs and the rest of my body so I have more endurance since my back isn't really improving. I'm getting good use out of the mobility walker.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Keep at it. It's very easy to get completely out of shape when you're a usually active person and for some reason shut down your normal activities.

I'm no gym rat either but for the past few years I have been going to do some light workouts during the winter. Spring, summer and fall I'm usually busy working outside but during the winter I often just sit around or piddle for days if the weather is bad. If I keep in some sort of shape it sure makes spring start up a lot easier on this old body.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can hear my wife now......"Oooooo baby, look at those abs":w00t2:

I'm liking this going to the gym every day now since most days before once the wife and kids are gone during the day I would just be sitting at home doing nothing. It's a challenge for sure and I'm dragging my butt when I leave there but I must be doing something right as I had to tighten my belt another notch this morning.:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
He's liking the hottie at the front desk, that's my bet. :whistling:
Lol. Not a chance. There's been a couple guys working the desk every day I go. Now.....the girls upstairs in spandex working out on the other hand [emoji12] [emoji11] [emoji6]

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Aqua therapy is excellent way to work out and it doesn't take a toll on the joints as much as regular work out do.

Good luck with the back spasms, I had them a while ago and I ended up on percoset for a while, I didn't like the feeling of being high with those things, but it did finally end my spasms.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Aqua therapy is excellent way to work out and it doesn't take a toll on the joints as much as regular work out do.

Good luck with the back spasms, I had them a while ago and I ended up on percoset for a while, I didn't like the feeling of being high with those things, but it did finally end my spasms.
I'm doing some aquatic stuff too at the complex. I find it really helps. I'm on the Percocets now. I can see how taking a couple of them would give you a good buzz. [emoji6]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I basically gave up on the complex (for now). I found that half the time I was there I spent explaining to people why I walked with a walker or why I have a drainage bag. It kinda got depressing reliving it over and over every day. I picked up a used treadmill a couple weeks ago. My wife has been doing her fitness blender workout videos at the same time I'm on the treadmill. Depending on how I'm feeling I am to do 30 minutes on the treadmill including light weights for upper body while I'm walking. During the day while the kids are at school and the wife is at work I've been going down and doing some ab exercises with a yoga ball as well as some stretching with elastics. My full time job is getting better. I am to be as healthy as I can.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk