• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac brake job

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
a few boring pictures
the shoe was dragging last winter .so it was backed off .
easy to work on while it is on the trailer
DSC00749.jpg

drum pulled and all looks good. I just cleaned ,greased and bled the line
DSC00734.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

all vw brake shoes and springs.
DSC00736.jpg

I run it after the drums were back on and it seem ok. we'll find out in 100 days when it snows.
DSC00743.jpg

pistenbully is next . i'm replacing a few tired hydraulic hoses before they fail.

schmidt

Jim, I commend you on the brake job. I found that I couldn't even get through a season without the pads and springs all rusted and the brakes never working properly. So I ended up taking them out, including the parking brake handle which I got tired of tripping over each time I got into the driver seat. Hope the brakes treat you well for the coming season.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my boot has a few marks from the e brake also. it is surprising how many don't have working foot brakes.