• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best iphone feature yet!

Bannedjoe

With the latest release of IOS 13.1-13.1.3, there's now a switch to silence incoming calls from unknown callers, and send them directly to your voicemail.

This comes just in time, as I was about to just turn my phone off forever.
It rings all day with spoofed numbers and robo calls.

So far....
My social security number has been suspended.
The cops are coming to get me.
My icloud had been breached.
The warranty dept has been trying to reach me.
Apple support advisors want to talk to me.
Cigna wants me to learn something about something.
I owe money to the IRS.
I won a cruise.
I can't remember all the others.

https://www.macworld.com/article/34...nown-callers-feature-to-fight-phone-spam.html

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
THANKS!!!!!!
Awesome feature. I just turned it on. :D

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Every robo call I get gets blocked. I figure they have to get more #s to keep calling me. The blocking seems to have decreased the number of calls I get. You said sending the calls directly to voice mail, some of them go directly to voice mail w/o the phone ringing. When they do that I can't block them because I don't know the number.
Mike

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I recorded the "we're sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service..." including the two tones at the beginning and use it as my voicemail message.

The robo dialers seem to auto disconnect.

Bannedjoe

I recorded the "we're sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service..." including the two tones at the beginning and use it as my voicemail message.

The robo dialers seem to auto disconnect.

I did something similar.
Unfortunately, with a few ads out there selling things, I don't want folks hanging up right away, so I changed to a regular voice message, and I'm going to try this feature for awhile.