Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Food and Drink Forum

Food and Drink Forum Recipes and more ...

Old 11-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 9,049 Times in 3,656 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Aldi recalls Nuts ...because they don't have a WARNING saying they contain NUTS

WTF

Seriously if you buy a bag of NUTS, and you have a NUT allergy, and you eat the NUTS because the bag of NUTS does not have a warning saying that there are NUTS in the package then you are the very special kind of stupid that should be having a special meeting with the DARWIN AWARDS executive committee.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23597/...mpaign=dwbrand

The article at the link is much longer than this, but if you can't get the idea of how stupid this is by reading what I'm quoting here then you may want to follow the link above.

Quote:
The Aldi grocery chain has recalled a brand of nuts from its shelves because the packages don't include a warning that among the contents are — nuts.

The worldwide chain this week recalled its Clancy’s Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts, which also contains cashews. because they contain cashew nuts — which did not warn customers about on the label.

The U.K's Foods Standards Agency said that the omission puts people at a “possible health risk." The bags of nuts were only available across three regions in the U.K. — Neston, Darlington and Goldthorpe.

The agency-issued “allergy alert” said: “Aldi is recalling its Clancy’s Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts because they contain cashew nuts, which are undeclared on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to nuts."

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melensdad For This Useful Post:
Catavenger (11-15-2017), Doc  (11-15-2017), jim slagle  (11-15-2017), mla2ofus (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Thanked 8,971 Times in 3,678 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: Aldi recalls Nuts ...because they don't have a WARNING saying they contain NUTS

I had to return a pkg of boxers to the store for the same reason. Damned things didn't have a warning label that they contain nuts
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
300 H and H (08-29-2018), Doc  (11-15-2017), jim slagle  (11-15-2017), Melensdad  (11-15-2017), mla2ofus (11-15-2017), road squawker (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,153 Posts
Catavenger will become famous soon enoughCatavenger will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Aldi recalls Nuts ...because they don't have a WARNING saying they contain NUTS

This Forum contains !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catavenger For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (11-15-2017), mla2ofus (11-15-2017), NorthernRedneck (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Bronze Member

Thanked 1,930 Times in 722 Posts
jimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aldi recalls Nuts ...because they don't have a WARNING saying they contain NUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melensdad View Post
WTF

Seriously if you buy a bag of NUTS, and you have a NUT allergy, and you eat the NUTS because the bag of NUTS does not have a warning saying that there are NUTS in the package then you are the very special kind of stupid that should be having a special meeting with the DARWIN AWARDS executive committee.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23597/...mpaign=dwbrand

The article at the link is much longer than this, but if you can't get the idea of how stupid this is by reading what I'm quoting here then you may want to follow the link above.
Actually I kind of get this one. My daughter is seriously allergic to peanuts, which are not nuts, but can tolerate nuts. The label reads Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts. I'm sure there are those who are opposite.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
mla2ofus (11-15-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer

jpr62902 will become famous soon enoughjpr62902 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Actually I kind of get this one. My daughter is seriously allergic to peanuts, which are not nuts, but can tolerate nuts. The label reads Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts. I'm sure there are those who are opposite.
Yup, peanuts are legumes and cashews are nuts. For my nephew, peanuts are ok, but cashews could be lethal.

-- Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to jpr62902 For This Useful Post:
jimbo (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Bronze Member

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

I agree, my daughter can eat peanuts, but if a tree nut gets anywhere near her or touches her, she breaks out. If she ingests anything with nuts her throat swells and she can't breath - with cashews and almonds being the worst. She once ate ice cream that didn't contain nuts but must have been made with a machine that had run nuts in the previous batch - it affected her. Incidentally, it did contain a label that set it was run on machines which had produced other items with nuts.

Revelations 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:13 PM

ITSME is on a distinguished road

THIS goes beyond the realm of STUPIDITY