• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'We Waited for You': Political Cartoonist Honors George H.W. Bush

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
'We Waited for You': Political Cartoonist Honors George H.W. Bush

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/12/...onist-marshall-ramsey-honors-former-president

The cartoonist who memorialized the Barbara Bush after her death discussed his latest cartoon, which honors George H.W. Bush, Saturday on Fox & Friends.

Bush, who served as the 41st president of the United States, passed away at the age of 94 Friday night, about eight months after his wife.

Marshall Ramsey, editorial cartoonist for The Clarion Ledger, had drawn a cartoon of Mrs. Bush after her death.

The former first lady was shown with open arms and exclaiming "Robin!!" for the couple's daughter, who passed away at the age of three.

Ramsey said on Saturday that the idea his cartoon for the former president came about after his wife passed away in April.

"[Bush] got sepsis, and both my parents who've since passed, they had sepsis," he said. "And I thought, 'This is gonna be tough' but I forgot. It was George Bush. The guy was Superman," he said.

The drawing memorializing President Bush depicts him arriving to heaven in a TBM Avenger war plane, which he flew during World War II.

Marshall Ramsey
@MarshallRamsey
Godspeed President Bush. This is the bookend to the Barbara Bush cartoon from April. My thoughts are with the Bush family tonight. On a personal note, he was the first president I drew as a cartoonist (I began my career in 1988.)
@JennaBushHager
#presidentBush #rip #georgehwbush

Attachments

• FF52BC94-2B33-43D3-BDE9-19C9842A532A.jpeg
    FF52BC94-2B33-43D3-BDE9-19C9842A532A.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 5CE5A76B-6FA7-4452-9005-C625118563C0.jpeg
    5CE5A76B-6FA7-4452-9005-C625118563C0.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 65