• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pontoon Tuckers

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I am by no means a snow cat expert. So I am asking this for educational purposes. I operate a Tucker-Terra 1000 for my snowmobile club in the winter. A great machine, very reliable and reasonable maintenance to operation ratio. However I operate here in flatlander country with minimal snow compared to "out west."

I have seen several restorations and collections of the older "pontoon" style tuckers on this site. Even some of what may be considered hoarding of these machines. :glare:

Is this because they are just really neat old machines or is there an advantage to the steel track/pontoon style drive in the deep mountain snow?

(Below is a friend of mine with our club's Tucker)

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 183

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yup, the pontoons float in the deep fluffy snow, and have a .5 to .65 pounds per square inch, and the best choice would be a 500 series machine. good looking machine you have