• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

VW Beetle based Snowcat

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever since I sold my SnowTrac I've been searching for the next snowcat.

This one is not for sale but damn I think it could be built!!!

Might have to do this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 498

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very cool. Any idea if that's a fiberglass body there?

I think so. It has the tell tale signs of being fiberglass. Note the thickened areas around the windsheild, and the vents.. The hood looks to be lengthened out some as well. Engine in front I would assume.

Some were there are some molds for this machine..:brows:

Not sure of the mechanicals, and what it is based on. It is however a nice looker most would agree....:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

I wonder how well the tracks would work without sprockets. Probably ok on flat ground and low snow but maybe not so good with any kind of resistive load?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i would like to see a recent photo. do you have any idea of its location?
jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i would like to see a recent photo. do you have any idea of its location?
jim

No clue. A friend posted it on her facebook page. There was no information with the photo. She doesn't have any further information.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No clue. A friend posted it on her facebook page. There was no information with the photo. She doesn't have any further information.

That picture is been around for several years, but I can't say where I've seen it before because I don't remember

Billdozer1

I have an 83 PB100 I keep thinking about doing something like this to. I don't seem to have the time to do the things I should be doing. I'm afraid it would be something I would start and never finish. Very cool though!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ever since I sold my SnowTrac I've been searching for the next snowcat.

This one is not for sale but damn I think it could be built!!!

Might have to do this.
Where do you get tracks like that? Do you know brand they are? I think it would be a ton less work putting the engine in the back and use a beetle transmission. I'll build one with you! Thanks!