• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just missed a disaster

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I have our condo association handyman doing some floor work for wifey's sewing room - putting down a Bamboo floor (carpet floors and needles are a bad combo), plus doing some other small jobs for me in preparation of moving the new appliances to the kitchen.

Second day there, he gives me a message to call him. Pretty busy this time of year but I call him back. Seems the condo was a bit cold when they started work and an hour later it's really cold.

Two things going for me - I have a spare igniter and handyman knows his stuff. He knows what the igniter is, found it, installed it, and furnace back up and running. This was about 0930. If I hadn't have had him there, I am 100% certain I would have come home to broken pipes and a fricken mess.

So, keep an extra igniter for your furnace handy. I bought three more on fleebay for 57 bucks total delivered.

Now my next step is to figure out how to connect the existing alarm system to a wireless annunciator that texts me. And add a temperature sensor.

Update on kitchen - cabinets ordered 16' x 16'. This ain't cheap. 5-6 weeks. Appliances being delivered next weekend. I have everything but the hood for the stove. And the bar sink and faucet. Went with the premium KraftMade. And the floor tile.

I'll try and remember to post pix of the project as I go along.