• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Northern Lights tonight

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm too far south to be able to see them.

I haven't seen them since I left the UK (Aberdeen) and even there they a relatively unusual sight and not the bright greens and reds but not so rare as there's an old traditional Scottish song about them, "The Northern Lights of Aberdeen".

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
wow. i'm gonna hafta watch later tonite & listen to phish. (they have a song pertaining to northern lights.)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i hope i can stay up late enough to see them....

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i saw no lites. is rather overcast. oh, well. i may have napped through them.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I looked but didn't see anything either. I didn't hold out much hope but since it was a clear night and the stars were amazing, I did check about one o'clock this morning. Nothing. Not even a flicker in the northern sky.

grizzer

Only lights here are the flashing LED's from MN DOT snowplows. Snowing & winds blowing for the past week

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we had snow last night clear tonight I may have to look out again if it's a strong showing we normally see them again the next evening