• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SIMPLE REVELATION or What is Wrong with America

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are hard pressed to get 20,000 people to inconvenience themselves by gathering and standing up for their rights, without months of planning and promotion of the idea.

But 100,000 people will, at the drop of a hat, stop whatever they have going on in life to race to and mourn a suspected child molester that died from a drug overdose just because he could moonwalk and sing.

The majority of the people in this country are so insatiably clueless it is completely mind boggling.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Are we talking about getting together 20K people for a tea party?

Some people have very boring lives and the people that they select to worship or to have as a hero can do no wrong, no matter what they have done. A celebration would be more in order than to mourn.

Me I have no heroes, other than when I grow up I would like to be like some of the posters on this forum.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN announced today that there are "Tea Parties" at roughly 1500 locations scattered across the USA with people protesting big government, they gave the story about 2 minutes of air time. It appeared, at least based on the way it was reported, that the crowds at the Tea Party were modest, at best.

On the other hand, CNN covered the Michael Jackson story in depth this morning with a huge "memorial" for the singer planned at the Staples Center. Apparently the city of Las Angeles is concerned that the crowds will be so large that the traffic in the city may be shut down in the area around the Staples Center with potentially crowds of 100,000 or more blocking the streets unable to get into the memorial (in addition to the full capacity crowd INSIDE the Staples Center).

rc2james

Site Supporter
I tell you what pisses me of to no end. The news is full of Michal Jackson and what killed him. Stories about the sexual escapades of the South Carolina Governor (as if I really give a shit), and what every nincompoop from one end of the nation to the other is doing for tickets to MJ’s funeral.

As I type this, United States Marines and other parts of our military are involved in the largest attack against the Taliban since 2001 and I can’t even find a news channel that will devote more than a casual mention of it.

Between the Michal Jackson coverage, and who won the Wimbledon tournament (nether of which I give two hoots about) they can’t bestow any consideration to these brave young people.

God Bless our fighting men and women who put themselves in harms way to keep us safe every day, and God bless their families who go to sleep each night praying for their soldiers safe return.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I tell you what pisses me of to no end. The news is full of Michal Jackson and what killed him. Stories about the sexual escapades of the South Carolina Governor (as if I really give a shit), and what every nincompoop from one end of the nation to the other is doing for tickets to MJ’s funeral.

As I type this, United States Marines and other parts of our military are involved in the largest attack against the Taliban since 2001 and I can’t even find a news channel that will devote more than a casual mention of it.

Between the Michal Jackson coverage, and who won the Wimbledon tournament (nether of which I give two hoots about) they can’t bestow any consideration to these brave young people.

God Bless our fighting men and women who put themselves in harms way to keep us safe every day, and God bless their families who go to sleep each night praying for their soldiers safe return.

This is why I quit watching TV news. They mostly want to report "news" I could care less about. I read the daily paper and read news on the net. And yes, my prayers go out for our military personnel.
Mike