• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new camper....to be. A work in progress

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well its a work in progress but here is my new Com Shelter (thanks BobP) soon to be camper. My plans right now are to gut her (99% done) and wash her down. Even though she is as good as new I still want to clean her out. After that I will install some plexi glass windows where the Intrusion panels use to reside and then get to planning the interior layout. Here is where I am at so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 474

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
pics

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 458

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
pics

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 457

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Hey! Is that Alec Baldwin with a bunch of kids and a pretty lady in your radio box? Did ya get his autograph?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey! Is that Alec Baldwin with a bunch of kids and a pretty lady in your radio box? Did ya get his autograph?

It's not Alec Baldwin. It's his older, chubbier, uglier, unemployed, alcoholic brother. He's also lonely, so when he spotted this woman with children walking by, he paid them to pose with him. Toward the end of the picture-taking, the woman came storming out of the container, with kids in tow, claiming that he touched her inappropriately. It was an ugly scene. :poke:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

I have been called many things. Most recently by Uredneck i'm sure. BUT....... I have never been so insulted and so hummiliated as I have been NOW! Alec Baldwin :glare:? Alec Baldwin :sick:??? What sir have I ever done to you? I can understand some other members being upset with me, but you?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been called many things. Most recently by Uredneck i'm sure. BUT....... I have never been so insulted and so hummiliated as I have been NOW! Alec Baldwin :glare:? Alec Baldwin :sick:??? What sir have I ever done to you? I can understand some other members being upset with me, but you?
Alec Baldwin?
Nahh, you look like Tom (one of the maintenance guys where I work):rolf2:
While we're at it, Murph does NOT look like Kelsey Grammer either!
hrrrrrrrmmmppppppphh!
:smile:

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
You Sir have the least to worry about...

it's your wife that my condolences go out to.

3 kids and ANOTHER new toy....:rolf2:

I can see it now.......ZANEX....:w00t2:

ALLEN PARSONS

I like your work in progress, How big is it? I am in the process of building one myself. It will be a winter camper. I hope to put it on skis and tow it high in the mountians and leave it there all winter. Then in the spring bring it out. You do have one advantage over me though. Your wife will go in yours Mine said that my camper is to ugly :ermm:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
It is about 8 feet long (with fan boxes and 6.5 feet wide. I will measure it today. I know the inside dimension is abot 6 feet long. Its insulated and of coures has all the anti EMP shielding. I suspect I wont need that stuff but it is one TUFF Com Box thats for sure!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I should be finished with getting everything gutted today. I havent decided if I am going to keep the 120 volt lights mounted on ceiling. My wife says they look good. So I my just run the power to them. Originally I wanted to run 12volt led lights onto the ceiling.

I plan on mounting a portable / removable 2 burner stone and a portable sink and also a porta potty. I will build a closet so my shirts and pants dont always need ironing as I have to do now living out of hotel rooms and a suit case. Some drawers for everything else. In my truck (back seat section) I plan on adding and Engle fridge and a coleman cooler to keep all my food stuff cool, cold and or frozen. My bed rack will be on hindges to swing up and lock out of place giving me more leg room when I'm not sleeping or resting. I plan on adding a LCD tv and a satelite reciever so I can watch my favorite shows on Friday night. A computer and a Raven X high speed wireless connection will pretty much finish off the project.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Progress report.

Yesterday was a lazy day for me. I didnt do a damned thing all day. Today I started back up on the "Dog House" project. Here is what I have so far. There are so many nuts and bolts! Almost done with the total gutting of her. I will also be removing the ceiling flourecents. I have found some 12 volt DC LED lights that put out about 90 lumens. They are 5/8" thick by 6" wide by 2 3/4" deep. They draw 4.8 watts each.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 399

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I will be reusing most of the wire I pulled out. The Uni struts and racks along woth the power or wire covers will go to BobP so he can use them in his Communication units. This way everything will get recycled.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob,
No I only have some rough scetches. I believe I know what I want but will wait until I get everything gutted. Then I will sit down and really start the design page. I want a clean slate to start with.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK I got her all cleaned out and everything coming out is out! BobP you have alot of goodies heading your way! Here are the gutted pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 379

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I removed the over head lights since I banged my head a few times! They hung down 5"! With a ceiling height of 5' 3-3/4" I need as much room as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 371

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
There was over 200 rivets I had to drill out! Man what a pain but she is starting to look like a camper.......Kinda. Here are the dimensions I wrote down on some paper.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 370

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I removed the over head lights since I banged my head a few times! They hung down 5"! With a ceiling height of 5' 3-3/4" I need as much room as possible.

Well lets see now . Your 4'3" tall so that should give you plenty of head room :clap:.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I am open to any ideas you may have. This is what I want in her. LCD tv, satelite reciever, DVD player, lap top computer with wire less High Speed modem, two burner stove that can also be used outside, portable sink to also be able to use outside, drawers for clothes. I am going to skip the closet and just deal with the folded shirts, porta potty, bed, bedding will be a sleeping bag, windows will be dual pane plexi glass, desk to place comp and to beable to do all my paper work from. I plan on using the back seat section of my truck and install an Engel fridge and cooler to hold all my food stores and drinks. So far thats what I have.

daedong

Well today my first attempt to drill my new plexi glass windows went well until the bit dug in and cracked it.

Probably too late but here is my trick of drilling perspex , it is in the drill

Take an ordinary twist drill and regrind to about 60 degrees then grind the very point off about 1 - 2mm, then with a very light hand grind the leading cutting edges, just enough to make it blunt. It will then drill by scraping rather than cutting. Now don't take my word on this find a scrap and test for yourself.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Deadong. I actually purchased a plastic drill bit that is described almost exactly the way you described it. Thanks for the tip. I will be getting my drill bit in the mail soon.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I am open to any ideas you may have. This is what I want in her. LCD tv, satelite reciever, DVD player, lap top computer with wire less High Speed modem, two burner stove that can also be used outside, portable sink to also be able to use outside, drawers for clothes. I am going to skip the closet and just deal with the folded shirts, porta potty, bed, bedding will be a sleeping bag, windows will be dual pane plexi glass, desk to place comp and to beable to do all my paper work from. I plan on using the back seat section of my truck and install an Engel fridge and cooler to hold all my food stores and drinks. So far thats what I have.

Good thing you didn't remove the "EMP" protection...

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Either way we all loose! If she wins we loose. If Hussien Obama wins we really really loose. If McCain wins then we kinda loose but not as bad as we would if the Demoncats get in!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Either way we all loose! If she wins we loose. If Hussien Obama wins we really really loose. If McCain wins then we kinda loose but not as bad as we would if the Demoncats get in!

Yeeaaahhh, but you will have good "Liberal" TV in the camper, "Fair and Unbalanced"....:thumb: