• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to quit this stuff!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Temp dropped to 16, wind chills down to 7 and now this. More on the way.:hammer:
snowApril2002_zps131720f0.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too woke up to it snowing this morning. This has got to end...

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It was in the 70's here this weekend. I'm on my second lawn mowing. I unhooked the snow blower on tractor and need to fire up the finish mower. ;)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I too woke up to it snowing this morning. This has got to end...
Won't end till Thursday up here. Going to hit 50 then.:clap: Should be able to spread manure this morning between squalls.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going up into the 50's soon here as well. We'll have our first night that stays above freezing this coming Saturday. No rain in the forecast so maybe I'll be able to get in the garden. I was about to give up on peas but now I'm thinking I may have a shot. I have 6 dump truck loads of manure coming. Want to get that in before I do the peas.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the dump in shirtsleeves yesterday, put the humming bird feeders out this morning. Spring is here.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm expecting the temps to be up next week, so today with my day off I am heading out to the Home Depot to get some stuff for the garden. Man, I tell ya, I could spend the whole day in that garden center!

The grapes are already in bud burst, so the next thing will be start spraying sulfur to knock out the powdery mildew. Snow? I wish. It's all rain here, an inch over last night.

DiNCA

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
hell i was in shorts yesterday,it was well into the seventy's and the grass is coming in nicely. but come august I'm ready for winter already!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Put the big tiller on the tractor and ground up all but one chunk of the frozen manure and wood ashes. Want to plant some things today and tomorrow before the rain gets here. Bees are real active already and I saw the first bluebirds yesterday.:clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been crazy in East Texas. It would be in the glorious 70's one day and you'd be freezing your butt off in rain and drizzle the next.

Today is going to be beautiful sunny and in the 70's. Yesterday it was damp and drizzly and barely made it to 40 with the wind blowing pretty strong.

Those who started their garden in mid-March got caught by a two day freeze. Me, I've got everything ready to go and hope to get started this week-end. Fingers crossed.