• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTH! Welcome to spring...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
After this storm goes through it is supposed to just get damn cold again.:hammer::hammer: I need to pick up a script and get a blood test tomorrow but it ain't happening if it gets this shitty out.

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 130

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You folks get shook awake too often for me. I wanted to start bringing manure and compost and spread it on the garden this week. Last year I had it tilled already.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Bill, spring is taking it's damned good ol time gettin here. I'm gettin tired of waiting. I just wanna get some chasing in this year, because next year we will be busy with the baby and trying to get into a house.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're under a winter storm warning as well. :(

I'll say it's taking its time. Long term forecast shows our first night that will stay above freezing is in April.

I already moved the remainder of this years firewood over to next years cache thinking we were nearly done (and I would then have exactly what I need for next year). Looks like I'll be digging into that wood for at least another 2 weeks.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from a run to the reservation. We hit snow in Hornell and it just got worse the closer we got to home. Got about 2 inches already and it is coming down fast and blowing from the east. Might get nasty by tomorrow morning.:hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They keep saying rain up here but it is 21 and even if warmer air moves in it will just put an ice crust on things. One station said up to 1/4 inch. I ain't touching it till it is done. That way I can plow the ice off.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
intellicast showed a lot of white stuff going yous guys way. We got the rain down here. Perfect for me. I got 4 apple trees from Stark Bro's
http://www.starkbros.com/
that needed planting and the ground was nice and soft. The rain even stopped for a spell so I could get em planted.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Single digits here in the AM. At least the mud will be stiff enough to get some trucks in to haul soybeans. Tough way to get it out though...

I can dress for cold, not for heat. Cann't take enough off for high temps.

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have warmed up 3 degrees in the past 2 hours and the snow has stopped for now. Wish the wind would die down. Between the snow melt and the greenhouses I will burn a lot of wood tonight. Had to crank the snowmelt wide open to keep up with the storm.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been in Florida for the last 3 days. It's hot, humid, and I hate it... Probably just not old enough...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You are supposed to be watching the builders, not goofing off in Florida.:whistling:
Regarding the storm, we had all kinds of accidents on the interstate. One fatality in a dually Ford pickup passing while pulling a U-haul trailer. Folks are always in a hurry.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the ice plowed off rather well. We had just enough snow to let it fly in chunks ahead of the plow. It is warming enough the slush is melting on the paved roads as the salt gets working.