• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Google Apologizes For Accidentally...........

Bamby

Google Apologizes For Accidentally Displaying 'Don't Vote, You Ignorant Bigot' Doodle To Conservative Users

article-3289-1.jpg

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA—A representative for Google has apologized after the company inadvertently displayed a Google Doodle reading "Don't vote, you ignorant bigot" only to its conservative users.

While liberals saw a Doodle that said "Go Vote" throughout the day, millions of conservatives reported seeing a message telling them not to vote and calling them a bigot.

"This was a simple programming error, and we apologize," the rep said. "Everyone was supposed to get the 'Go Vote' message, and for some reason all the users we've identified as being right-leaning got the other, much harsher message. We don't know what happened, and we're looking into it."

"Trust us, it was 100% an honest mistake," he added.

At publishing time, Google had apologized for accidentally drone-striking several thousand conservatives who attempted to go vote at their local polling place.

Babylon Bee

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"This was a simple programming error, and we apologize," the rep said.
This is total BS and definitely a lie.
Programmers had to code that message. Where they screwed up is that that code got used.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like nothing more than to see Google found to be a monopoly, and broken apart into pieces, ala Ma Bell..

Regulate those pieces, and keep them out of our politics completely.

I think this should be done to several other internet based media companies as well. I will not mention names as you can guess who..

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
There are no apologies ever that would come from Google for anything that are worth accepting.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Y'all do realize the OP was a satire piece, right? :unsure:

:yum::yum: Says a lot about how bad someone or something must be when a satirical piece such as this is posted and it is totally believable without giving a second thought, for some of us anyhoo. LOL.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like nothing more than to see Google found to be a monopoly, and broken apart into pieces, ala Ma Bell..

Regulate those pieces, and keep them out of our politics completely.

I think this should be done to several other internet based media companies as well. I will not mention names as you can guess who..

Regards, Kirk
60 minutes had a report on this last week 11/11/18. Google and FaceBook were the primary target. Europe has put some reins on them. No clue if that will work but it's a step in the right direction.

Both Google (with it's Android phone system) and Facebook with it's social network have us agree to them using all our data as they see fit ...mainly to make millions. They fight any restraints against them with the arguement that users agreed to their practice of monitoring them in order to use their product.

Apple was the lone bright spot as they, at this time, do not engage in this practice to the extent that Google and Facebook do. I know darn well they collect some of our data.