• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely nothing to do today.
House is immaculate, the laundry is done.
Sure was busy yesterday.
Ali has a horrible sunburn from all the time spent outside weeding.
She had a rough night sleeping and even had a temp.
Told her if it continues it's probably sun poisoning.
I'll probably end up suggesting she go to urgent care if she feels nauseous.
So far she's saying she's fine.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took the rental car for a drive to check out a store. Checked out of the hotel. Headed to an appointment soon then drop of the rental car and head to the airport. Hopefully get there early enough for the early flight.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back home (thankfully) and back to the grind. Gym this morning. Then drop off the side by side for warranty. Then physio.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gorgeous morning here!
We've got 6 large totes, 4 boxes and several bags ready to go to Ali's mothers house for the garage sale this weekend.

I'm going to work this evening 4-6p.

Nothing real exciting to report otherwise.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know you will miss the big city :yum:
Yep. Like I miss having hemorrhoids. Lmao. Now that I'm home I can truly say I'm glad to live where I do. Sure I'm in a city of 110000 people but I drive 15 minutes in either direction here and I'm in the woods. Toronto is nothing more than a cesspool of immigrants. I'm guessing only 2 out of 10 people there are white.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice day here. Buried some stepping stones so they are at ground level. Wife has some river rock with backing (14" circle) to put on top of stones. I mixed up the cement tile / general adhesive and stuck em in place. They should be cured to walk on at 5.
Brush hogged and used FEL w/tooth bar to rip vines out behind septic. Guy that fixed septic motor during winter thought some of the vines were getting inside the tank and messing with the motor. Wanted to be sure that will no longer be the case. It's fun ripping down vines. :D

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Rained all day yesterday. We need it though to avoid an active fire season.

It's nice and sunny today. So here's my day so far. Got at 7 kids off to school then went to my 2 hr pain program. Only one week to go. Picked up the side by side on the way home then headed to camp to unload it and drop the flat deck trailer. Afterwards I hooked up to the camper and brought it in for warranty work.

Tomorrow's plan is to hit the gym then physio. Pick up the camper and bring it home to load groceries, get the water system operational and bring it back out to camp.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
70691218106eea8659038ddb95943f4f.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been pretty busy today.
Ali went to her Mother's to help get the garage sale tables ready and sat up.
I guess they're having it for two days.
Meanwhile, I'm keeping the monsters happy until bed time.
With some help from Steve Harvey lol
They love Family Feud.

Attachments

• 20180510_192755-439x614.jpg
    20180510_192755-439x614.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180510_193037-614x614.jpg
    20180510_193037-614x614.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 63

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Up with the birds and coffee by myself.
Went digging thru old photos and found one of myself and Mother.
I was 2 in the picture.
:smilelove:

Attachments

• 152604164689778692.jpeg
    152604164689778692.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 57

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Change of plans for today. First one of the kids has pink eye so I had to cancel all appointments to stay home with her. So I decided to tackle prepping the truck camper for next weekends annual fishing trip. Discovered the roof developed a leak so I tore the problem area apart down to the studs and insulation. Now in the process of rebuilding it and sealing the leak. The big camper is still not ready at the dealership so I'll have to load it and bring it out tomorrow.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of watching the grands while Ali and Co. do the garage sale.

Yesterday they were little angels.
Today not so much.
The oldest one Maddie (3) finds it amusing to be loud, and talk in this deep voice much like a rough and tumble little boy.
I've put her on time out,threatened to take things away and nothing works.

I've been told to swat her bottom and be firm.
I'd never do that as I am beginning to think it's much more than normal toddler behaviour.
It's something else going on.
Maybe like Tourette's.
I told Ali if she doesn't outgrow this, it needs to be looked into.
My son just gets fed up and tells her to knock it off and distracts/redirects.

Anyway, I got Mother's Day roses.
Appreciation for a job well done?
:yum:

Attachments

• 20180512_092446-525x583.jpg
    20180512_092446-525x583.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 46

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Running around like a headless chicken. I'm trying to get stuff done before we leave for Boston on Tuesday. Our grand daughter graduates on Friday with a Masters in Law. Never been to Boston or the North-East and this will likely be my one and only opportunity. I'm giving it a week ... no more.

This back problem isn't getting any better and sure is hampering things.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just did my duties for mother's day. Had to come up with a good excuse to sneak out to get flowers. Lol. Apparently I did alright. Told her I had to get more wood for the truck camper then left for a half hour.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just did my duties for mother's day. Had to come up with a good excuse to sneak out to get flowers. Lol. Apparently I did alright. Told her I had to get more wood for the truck camper then left for a half hour.

:yum:

Good man!

Whew! Finally got the little devils down for a nap.
Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wrapped up the day very nice.
Sonny boy got to come home early, we got take out from Padrone's.. Ali and I watched the oldie "I Saw What You Did Last Summer".. oooh creepy!
Hope I don't have nightmares about a hook handed fisherman in a slicker :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for number 1 son to pick me up for lunch out for Mama's Day.

Working the hospice visits this evening.

Then another nice evening relaxing after.

:heart1:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bringing the camper back out to set it up for the summer at our seasonal site. We worked yesterday on stocking up on groceries and going through kids clothes etc. Tomorrow is a trip to camp again as I'm getting a load of firewood delivered.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I am driving up to Mordor, er I mean, Chicago.

Melen left her insulin at home. She moved into her new apartment in the heart of all that is evil and unjust over the weekend. Insulin is here. She is there. She has a 2 day supply with her so I don't have to panic and rush up there, but I'll be fighting traffic at some point.

Can't believe how much you have to spend to get so little value for the privilege of paying excessive taxes just to live close to work. Good thing she has a couple roommates crammed into the shoebox sized high rise apartment to spread the burden. She also got a "housing stipend" as part of her internship, it covers just under 1/3rd of the cost of her lease :doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's storming pretty good right now.
Prior to that the fog was a pea-souper.

Ty got home around 1:30am.
Some woman broke down on the turnpike.
I guess AAA was giving her the runaround. :hammer:
For some reason every place he stopped to grab a bite was closed??
He ended up getting a bag of Combos and a Mountain Dew.
Once he got home Ali made him an egg sandwich, then he went to bed,then back up and out at 7am.

Elaina has diarrhea, Ali has another knee appt this afternoon.. looks like another day in paradise :yum:
Thank God I don't work today!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The guy in the white shirt is from the newspaper.
I guess they're going to cover it (and do a little advertising) lol
It's also on their FB page.
Ali stopped to catch them in action after her ortho appointment.
That's Ty standing by the post.

Attachments

• 20180514_151356.jpg
    20180514_151356.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 109

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day today again. Kids have their annual medical checkups this morning. Then I'll have to make a trip out to camp as we're having a load of firewood delivered. Then rush back to town for physio this afternoon. It's an hour drive each way to camp.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, did it ever storm here last night!

Today is going to be helping take care of sick grandkids.
They've both been up during the night needing bed and diaper changes.
Fun, fun, fun!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Me too. Still dragged my butt to the gym this morning. Then out to shop for some curtains.

I'll be working on packing for this weekend's fishing trip.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just plain freaking exhausted.
Yesterday was one for the history books.
Now I'm feeling not so hot myself.
I still have to work this evening for a couple of hours.
Or I may decide to get someone to cover for me.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kids attract germs like a magnet, an then pass them on to adults. No fun at all. Take care PG.

I'm spreading landscape fabric under the window room we had added last summer. Then will get river rock to put on top of fabric. We spread 2 tons of river rock yesterday, probably get a couple more tons tomorrow.

Also planning to pick up my Simpson pressure washer and get a hair cut later today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me about it. Lmao. I have 7 kids in the house. When one gets sick it spreads like wildfire. Mind you we managed to survive the winter without flu shots for all 9 of us and only one kid was sick for a day. Very rarely do we have to keep a kid home from school.

Today's task was the gym this morning. Followed by a quick orthodontist appointment for one of the kiddies. I spent this afternoon so far loading up the truck camper and working on the boat. The worst is done now. It's all the small stuff. We're only going 3.5 hrs away but when you're out 30 miles from the nearest town, you don't want to realize that you forgot something.
a4b313e3d9a05cdccf646ed6f85443c8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.