• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

100F this weekend

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Saturday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 100. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Well, good thing we got all this rain the past couple days!

Oh wait :glare:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is like a sauna already this morning and supposed to go to 96 tomorrow. We get a little break early next week when it is to drop into the low 80's. Not going to be a weekend to do any work.:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Details for Thursday, July 05
Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High around 100F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Evening: Isolated thunderstorms early, becoming clear after midnight. A few storms may be severe. Low 74F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Details for Friday, July 06
Sunny skies. Very hot. High 102F. Winds light and variable.
Evening: A few clouds from time to time. Warm. Low 77F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Details for Saturday, July 07
Partly cloudy. Highs 98 to 102F and lows in the low 70s.
----------------------------
It's supposed to only get up to 85 on Monday.. that's going to feel glorious after all this hot freaking crap!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, and with the humidity that's sure to follow the storm system it's just oing to freakin suck. Next week does look like we are finally getting a break. Bill, I ain't doing shit outside with these temps.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The sun has been so hot the past few days that the cows are either in under the covered barnyard or down in the shade of the big hickory trees. They graze at night and lay around during the day. Heck, I was sweating just carrying cat carriers into the clinic this morning.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
The sun has been so hot the past few days that the cows are either in under the covered barnyard or down in the shade of the big hickory trees. They graze at night and lay around during the day. Heck, I was sweating just carrying cat carriers into the clinic this morning.

I don't doubt that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
In St louis MO we are having five more days over the century mark.

We have had only two in July under 100F

105F today.

Ironman

Re: 104F this weekend

The frozen tundra is even melting.

bjbzbt.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
88 today but humid and 95 tomorrow with 93 on Saturday. 83 on Monday will feel nice.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What we got last night was a joke. I was just weeding the tomato patch and the dirt is dry and shakes right off the roots. So dang humid I quit after 2 buckets full. Going to have really get on it as the sprinkler sure makes the weeds grow.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
What we got last night was a joke. I was just weeding the tomato patch and the dirt is dry and shakes right off the roots. So dang humid I quit after 2 buckets full. Going to have really get on it as the sprinkler sure makes the weeds grow.
Shit, thanks for the reminder, dude. Gotta go spray some H2O on the plants :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yay! some nasty storms just missed me, and dropped the temp down to 82. lol
Send them to us! I thought we got more than we did last night. Between the heat and hot breeze it is gone already. I am staying inside all day tomorrow. Nothing that urgent.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya know when I posted that thing about the whiskey bottles found in the attic, I was at my chickenshit locale.. the library.. haha!

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This heat is Killing me...plus the long days.. Leave at 6:00 am till who knows when.?.. Damb.! everybody thinks they need A/C....I'm sure everybody's Grandpa and Grandma...had it alot tuffer..back in the day!!:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This heat is Killing me...plus the long days.. Leave at 6:00 am till who knows when.?.. Damb.! everybody thinks they need A/C....I'm sure everybody's Grandpa and Grandma...had it alot tuffer..back in the day!!:hammer:
Oh for sure Byron.
When we lost power at work on Friday, then the generator kicked in, our old folks had no a/c in their rooms. It was cool in the halls only.
We asked a few if they wanted to get up and come out in the hall in their wheel chairs.
Noted and remembered, one lady said to me "there was a time when we didn't have air conditioning. My 3 sisters and I had to sleep on the floor in front of a little fan in weather like this. we lived in a farm house with wooden floors and tall ceilings"..
She said when the weather got extreme, her Mother would make a pallet for them on the floor to stretch out on, instead of the 3 of them sharing the one bed.
My oldsters teach me a lot about how easy we've got it now.
All the time..:smile:

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes and i'm sure when it got cold..in the winter you could probably not hardly move because of all the handmade quilts piled on top of you..I remember this in a feather bed..:biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes and i'm sure when it got cold..in the winter you could probably not hardly move because of all the handmade quilts piled on top of you..I remember this in a feather bed..:biggrin:
Mmmhmm, I've heard those stories too :smile: