• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nasty storms rolling through

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The little dog feels obligated to wake me up for the thunder and lightning show. Quite a strong little band coming form the west and hopefully giving us some good rain. Well it just took out the satellite signal so it must be raining hard.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was supposed to storm here today.
Never happened.
They died out in Illinois.
78 degrees right now.
That's going to be the high for tomorrow, then a dip down in the lower 50s.
Tuesday 83/58.

Thursday..99---- then staying in the 90s and 70s for the week.
Shouldn't bitch about it, at least we've had no real bad storms here as yet to send me cowering LOL

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You and the weiner dog! Our little one runs to me to protect her when it thunders. Even if I don't hear the thunder she yaps so bad it wakes me up. Then I have to pick her up and stuff her under the covers.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gretch just jumps all over me.
She knows what the severe weather alert is.
Beep, beep, beep...........ngnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

'We interrupt this program for;...

She looks at me like "okay.. ..what now?"

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, we could use some rain in a bad way. The National Weather Service has moved my area from moderate drought to severe to extreme and now, the highest rating, exceptional drought. The next 10 days are calling for sunny skys and actual temperatures between 102 and 105 each day. If you are a farmer in my area and don't have crop insurance, you just went bankrupt.

I try to keep them in mind when I'm scrambling to get A/C units replaced in two of my rental houses. The units are only about 10 years old, but they have not shut off for several weeks in a row. The compressors in them look like they've been welded together. It's a good thing my blind BIL still has his HVAC license and I can buy through him. HVAC parts seem to be marked up like jewelry from what I've seen. Now I just have to try to follow his instructions on installing everything since he's blind and I have to do all the work.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
We had a couple thunder rumbles and a few raindrops pass by here this morning, but according to the forecast it's done untill Friday. Friday is supposed to be in the mid 90s and possibly storms or rain. That's the day I am planning to hit the scrapyards to pull a front end for my car...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a couple thunder rumbles and a few raindrops pass by here this morning, but according to the forecast it's done untill Friday. Friday is supposed to be in the mid 90s and possibly storms or rain. That's the day I am planning to hit the scrapyards to pull a front end for my car...
Watch out for the bees. My neighbor got bit 3 times getting parts for his truck at the junkyard last week. I just took care of some wasps under the lip of the pool yesterday morning.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
There'll be a can of Raid in my toolbox ;)
Along with a lighter if they attack :yum:
I'm allergic to them sumbitches...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Eh, I don't have one of those. It's not as bad as it was when I was younger. Probably 15 years since I been stung last. I find that a Raid can flamethrower keeps them at bay just fine :w00t2:
My Steven used to do that with a can of my hairspray and a lighter for the monster spiders in the GARE-udge LOL