• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Super heat for the holiday

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you folks out in the middle of the country stay cool. Just watched the forecast highs for the next few days and I guess our upper 80's won't be so bad after all. 20 degrees above normal for many areas.:hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rainy cooler temps today with higher humidity. Tomorrow upper 90's and wind again. Lots of wind.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got out early and got all the plants & trees watered.

A/C in the shop is already on full blast. Will be working in there mid-day when the heat is bearing down. Supposed to be around 90.

They've been calling for scattered t-storms all week. Haven't gotten any yet but the garden can use the water. Put in soaker hoses which is holding them over.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's in the mid 90's here already and going to be there all next week.

All the lakes and ponds are pretty much full again after last years drought but it's not going to stay like that for long if these temps continue and we don't get some rain. It was doing good up through April and then somebody turned the spigot off. :hammer::hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are at 82 now and mostly sunny and hot. Bad line of storms dropping down through the middle of Pa. Too warm and humid for hard physical labor today. Might work at the pool a bit.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
can't wait to get to the pool. (when i get spf 90 spray. wrinkles would not rock.) i'm this-shy of getting ill from humidity/summertime. i'm all flushed these days. summer is not fer me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You know it is hot when my wife does not even want to go back out and start spreading mulch! She is snoozing in the recliner with the a/c down to 75 and the ceiling fan on. I unloaded the skid of mulch with the forks on the skid steer and was sweating till I came back inside. Good day for goofing off!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good day for goofing off!

Maybe tomorrow Muley. Today I finished the mowing that I had left from yesterday. When it's this hot I tend to split the mowing over 2 days. Did all the string trimming and then got cleaned up for family supper.

We're going to have our Memorial Day celebration tomorrow so I suppose that'll be my goofing off day. Monday I have to help my wife set up for the upcoming election. She volunteered as election judge again. Man, I just can't teach that woman to keep her hand down by her side when somebody calls for volunteers. :biggrin::biggrin:

She takes being a Tennessee grad seriously. :yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the weed whacker out and buzzed down the area around the new bee hive. Then worked my way back up along the barn and around some implements and the fuel tank. Just been digging dandelions and pruning some things around the fish pond and flower bed to mulch. Needed a break and came in and turned on the a/c. Going to be a tough muggy day and even worse tomorrow. Bees are going through their sweet water like crazy in this heat.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
it's beautiful sunshine/blue skies; the weather is way too warm & humid, tho. i glanced @ myself while washing & saw i was redd/pink again from being flushed. a/c's finally 'goin on today. blake can bring it in here later on from living room 2.
amazed i was shivering last week.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This heat does not get along well with certain meds. They warn me about that all the time. The big thing for me is plenty of fluids cause I soak a couple of hand towels every day. Today is worse since the air is not moving much at all.:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
This heat does not get along well with certain meds. They warn me about that all the time. The big thing for me is plenty of fluids cause I soak a couple of hand towels every day. Today is worse since the air is not moving much at all.:hammer:

drink sufficently,- as if u knew not. there's this flavored, unsweetened h20 u might like- the various mints can be so refreshing. so good. it def cools a person.

Attachments

• IMG_1191223.jpg
    IMG_1191223.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1196224.jpg
    IMG_1196224.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 128

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I stick with plain water or Arizona sweet tea. They both go through you quick in this heat. Went and got a ham and turkey sub for lunch since neither of us felt like cooking. Going back out soon to put down newspaper and mulch. Got 3 of the flower beds done so far but have more than that to do yet. Then I might goof off and watch some of the Indy race. Hoping we get some rain later today.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
the rest- sweet. no az. to drink, mule. it's diuretic. you'll flood the toilet if u drink that.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey it works better than extra lasix does! I pass a lot of fluids and still have swelling in my legs. Wish it would rain now as it is 85 in the shade and 73 in here. Brrrrr.:biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 12:30 here and already 91 degrees. The only thing I plan for today is washing the dog. She's sitting here watching me, wagging her tail. She doesn't know what's about to happen to her in a couple of hours. It's OK though. She'll be back loving me before too long. :yum:

Luvs, I've never seen that drink around here. Lately I've been using Propel flavored water or a Crystal Light powdered drink mix that you pour into your water bottle. I'm not very fond of just plain water but I'll even drink 3 or 4 bottles of that on a hot one.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey it works better than extra lasix does! I pass a lot of fluids and still have swelling in my legs. Wish it would rain now as it is 85 in the shade and 73 in here. Brrrrr.:biggrin:

sure hope they check ur k, sodium & mag levels!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs, I've never seen that drink around here. Lately I've been using Propel flavored water or a Crystal Light powdered drink mix that you pour into your water bottle. I'm not very fond of just plain water but I'll even drink 3 or 4 bottles of that on a hot one.

it arrived on the shelves here this time last spring.
i'll drink fluid like a fiend daily, all year.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
sure hope they check ur k, sodium & mag levels!
Actually it is the potassium levels I have to watch. When I take extra lasix I have to eat bananas to keep it high enough. The lasix flushes it out of you. I get a full CBC every month now. As for the K that is adjusted by my coumadin dosage. If I eat certain green veggies it whacks out from too much vitamin K. If I ever get bad cut I will need a k shot quick to slow the bleeding. The magnesium will never be low with my hard water. Same for calcium.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah, i hafta push to keep my potassium at the minimally acceptable level, despite supplementation w/ k. & same w/ magnesium, fer no real reason now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's still 83 degrees out there.
Can't wait for the storms on Tuesday to cool this crap down.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We dropped down to the mid 60's after the storms rolled through. Good thing we watered before they came as they did not drop much rain around here.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Humidity is up to 76% and it just sucks to work outside. Won't be doing much more today except sitting in the a/c.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Humidity is up to 76% and it just sucks to work outside. Won't be doing much more today except sitting in the a/c.

That was my plan for today but it got shot down. We found a scorpion in the house last night and it seems that spraying around the foundation and the yard is now priority #1. If I don't do it she's threatening to sleep standing up in the kitchen with all the lights blazing.

I did the whole place about 10 days ago but I guess it's time to do it all again or there's going to be no peace around here today. :yum:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Only 51 right now, the high for the day was something like 56. The next couple of nights close to freezing.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have one more hot one to deal with and then drop back to the 60's and 40's overnight. This heat so sudden was a real shock to the system since we we had frost about 10 days ago. Glad that it really got the hay growing so we can get a first cutting soon. Seen guys baling and the dust was following the baler.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
it's rain, then sun, clouds, then rain, humidity breaks, then sun. wacky pgh.