• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nasty line of storms hitting hard

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We were on our way back from Elmira and hit a line storms that had folks pulling off the interstate. I figure I have some dents in the Prius as hard as the hail balls were hitting. Sounded like rocks hitting. Temp dropped 30 degrees in less than 1/2 hour from 92 to 60 by the time we got home. Hope the worst is over for now. We needed rain but not that hard. I don't think we got any hail at home as it was just starting to hit here when we arrived. Sure was some strong winds though.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Warnings posted here all over the place for twisters, high winds, big hail and floods. T-Storm bearing down on us right now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're getting what came through here at 5 this morning.
Not much rain from it, but damn that lightning and wind!
Hailed briefly, but nothing large or damaging.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You're getting what came through here at 5 this morning.
Not much rain from it, but damn that lightning and wind!
Hailed briefly, but nothing large or damaging.
Who woke up first, you or Gretchen? I saw that on radar earlier this morning and it seemed to be heading up to Canada. Must be some strong cold pushing it down now as it is sinking clear down to Rusty by this evening. Some areas south of us got hit hard and right now it is so foggy from the heat you can barely see outside.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
She woke me up.
Right after that, I got up and looked out the window.
It lasted almost 3 hrs off and on.
.. and no, I wasn't scared..
much...:yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Bill, you better tie that Prius down! If the winds get better than 50mph straight line, it's gonna blow out into the field! :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, it came through here as well but the hail missed us. Same for yesterday. Nice and sunny right now and temps are much cooler.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Of course not! But a swift breeze won't roll the Suburban either hahaha. You need a Taurus, mister. This thing is the perfect storm chase vehicle if you are not toting very large equipment.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks on radar like it is hitting Rusty's area already. Heck of a long line from Md. to Vermont.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Not here yet, it's still on the other side of the county. Should be here momentarily, though. Got sausage on the grill, hope it get's done before the wind get's worse!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It just arrived here.

Heavy rain and high winds.

Rusty, we're south of you, west of US 15 in Virginia.

Jim

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, it's been here since a couple minutes after I posted. Grill is still kicking, even through the winds. Hid the Chevy behind the garage, as the winds were pointing any potential broken branch right towards it. Ford should be safe beside the garage. Not much except a good drop in temp, and some wind. Rain just started dropping big drops but very sparingly right now. Barometer is reading plenty below 29", though... :brows: