• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You know it is windy when...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The outhouse at the Amish school blows over! (girls)
Tin from a neighbors barn comes up over your woods to land in your field. (1/2 mile)
A shed that has been there for years is now leaning out into the roadway down in the hollow.
Rock picking buckets are no longer inside a fenced in garden. I only found one. The other must be way back beyond my barn.
Power has blinked off 3 times long enough to shut down PC and TV.
:w00t2::hammer::hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You tube plays almost like an old 45 as the packets must be getting scrambled a bit.:hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The shelf set for setting plants on to harden them off blows over.
The one piece of clear light panel blows off the plant boxes and ends up 250 ft. away.
Part of the barn of the old woman who makes my pies is laying in her driveway. Told her to just wait till it stops this craziness and I will clean it up.:hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a great day to head into the woods to fell a few trees.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a great day to head into the woods to fell a few trees.
Hell, I was scared just driving through the woods to go down the lane. Dang leaves are drifted like the snow usually does at the end of the field. Got things to do but I am not going out anymore than needed.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Neighbor at the farm next to me just called on his cell phone. Wind snapped a pole and set the field on fire from the wires sparking. No wonder my internet has been crappy this afternoon! He smelled smoke while he was in his barn and said it was spreading fast with this wind. Local FD got it out just before it got to the road.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The wind is not as bad but the fires are going again. Multiple brush trucks and tankers just went up the hollow. Yesterday there were 2 other power line started fires where poles broke. One burned 25 acres and sent 3 firefighters to the hospital. That about 12 miles east of here. The wind turns a spark into one hell of a fire quick right now. We are getting some snow flurries so hopefully the moisture will soon be here and wet things down. The areas around here have not had much moisture for a while. The guy who brought my logs this morning said the ground was white where he loaded north of here.