• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Well this is a special kind of stupid!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
These kids have no fkn clue ......

Attachments

• D7C33D77-9361-4B0D-8C78-970B7B72A813.jpg
    D7C33D77-9361-4B0D-8C78-970B7B72A813.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 165

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
They're being used as political pawns and aren't smart enough to realize it.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder how many really walked out in the whole country? Bet it wasn't nearly as many as the media showed.
:soapbox:If the police did things like arrested the kids and fined the parents. And if the teachers made them repeat the semester that would help to discipline the kids. But those kind of things are are missing, and I think the lack of discipline is a leading cause to people shooting things up and the vast majority of crimes.:myopinion:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder how many walked out in support of more gun laws, and how many walked out simply because it was time out of class and a reason to get out of school, others walked out cause a friend or pretty girl did, etc etc.

Like has been said before, these kids are being used as political pawns.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The problem with kids these days, (some, not all) is that they'll jump on anything that is trending if for no other reason to join the crowd.
Nothing like back in the 60s and 70s when they did what they did on college campuses with a real purpose.
Then again, we didn't have offended snowflakes living in the parents basements..did we?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep seeing this kid's photo all over facebook too.

She is now, and forever, famous for being a clueless pawn/useful idiot of the political left.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if any kids did the 17 minute walk out around here.
I did see something where rather than making it a political thing there were photos of hallway lockers with various coloured post-it notes covering them, with messages on each.

Attachments

• 29177315_10105121886375665_6041025996092604416_n-768x768.jpg
    29177315_10105121886375665_6041025996092604416_n-768x768.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes demanded that the Spartans give up their weapons. King Leonidas responded with the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (molon labe) which meant “Come and take them.” This led to the Battle of Thermopylae, in which a small group of Greek warriors held off a far superior group of Persians for three days.

Similarly, in 1831, the Mexican army gave a small piece of field artillery to settlers in Gonzales, Texas, to help them fend off Indian attacks. At the onset of the Texas Revolution, the Mexican army asked for the cannon back. In response, the settlers raised a homemade flag with an image of the weapon and the words “Come and Take It” emblazoned across it.

The twin phrases “ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ/molon labe” and “Come and Take It” have become synonymous with the promotion of the Second Amendment and other fundamental liberties. They are antithetical to the idea of unilateral disarmament.

Today, snowflakes across the country walked out of class to protest “gun violence” and demand new confiscatory gun laws. The poorly informed young woman in the photo was part of today's Tide Pod Walkout. Note the slogan (and date) on her shirt, and the protest sign in her hands.

Seriously—this is the most ironic photo I've seen in a long time.

https://ijr.com/ijr-red/2018/03/1076314-walkout-student-with-nra-sign-goes-viral/

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
She probably has no clue what anything on the shirt means, just that it's her school's mascot!!
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
She probably has no clue what anything on the shirt means, just that it's her school's mascot!!
Mike

Agreed!!!

It also reinforces my reluctance to be lectured by 15-year olds on gun policy. If they can't understand a sweatshirt, the chances of them understanding the 2nd Amendment are pretty slim.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder how many walked out in support of more gun laws, and how many walked out simply because it was time out of class and a reason to get out of school, others walked out cause a friend or pretty girl did, etc etc.

Like has been said before, these kids are being used as political pawns.

Good time to sneak out and smoke a joint.
Actually I would respect that more than the anti NRA protesters.

rugerman

And how many walked out because some liberal minded teacher or administrators allowed for them to walk out to further their own agenda.