• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1959 Tucker 740 comes home

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday this Sno-Cat returned to the birth place. This cat was first sent to the VIII Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley. After the event she returned to get the windshield attached and has been living the good life in CA. Look for her in the future being restored to full function.

Attachments

• DSCN2901.jpg
    DSCN2901.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCN2902.jpg
    DSCN2902.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Freighter 740.jpg
    Freighter 740.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 483

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a little bit of cleaning and it is looking far better,

need to finish a couple other tucker restorations which are close to being done, and then this is the next one, and yes, it has a hemi. 354 c.i. with 5 speed

Attachments

• DSC_0100.jpg
    DSC_0100.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 441

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
at this moment, not running, going through the process of checking everything out, lots of good signs that it might run, best part, the pontoons, tracks and rollers are in pretty good condition.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
to bad you don't have the rear seat . it looks like the same cab from the front.
kind of resembles something else that big al owned,doesn't it?
look at that guy. he looks like he is hanging over the track. that was the fun times. I even see a wheel chair.
Freighter%20740.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
to bad you don't have the rear seat . it looks like the same cab from the front.
kind of resembles something else that big al owned,doesn't it?
look at that guy. he looks like he is hanging over the track. that was the fun times. I even see a wheel chair.
Freighter%20740.jpg
yes it is too bad the rear seat is gone, but the tool box they are sitting on, is still there

think unimog

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure that is a young Arthur Slugworth/Mr. Wilkinson from Willy Wonka on the back with the glasses.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the woman hanging her leg out with a cast is having a good time.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does this have the hidden parts box in the rear like Lyndon's 544? (although not really hidden since it's the only thing that is enclosed!)

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it looks big and ugly it is a rare piece of history to have good luck with it. what engine does it have

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
what engine does it have[/QUOTE]

I958 Chrysler Industrial Hemi V-8 354 c.i. Five speed manual trans mission.

Attachments

• Freighter torpedo 5.jpg
    Freighter torpedo 5.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 384

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Big old beast !!!!:clap: Im thinking that big hemi has to up the lb.per square inch on those front pontoons. Maybe a chevy small block would have fit easier in 1959:wink: It does look to be in pretty nice shape,someone took care of it. I think it would look pretty nice with a kitten riding on its back :biggrin::biggrin:. I was going to say Kristy,but figured i would get plenty of flack from the Tucker minions !!!!:w00t2::w00t2:Where is the brake lever in that cabover design???

Sno-Surfer

Super cool! Must be a deluxe model with that steering wheel. :wink:
:w00t2: pretty much feel like this as we get close to the Cats Meow.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big old beast !!!!:clap: Im thinking that big hemi has to up the lb.per square inch on those front pontoons. Maybe a chevy small block would have fit easier in 1959:wink: It does look to be in pretty nice shape,someone took care of it. I think it would look pretty nice with a kitten riding on its back :biggrin::biggrin:. I was going to say Kristy,but figured i would get plenty of flack from the Tucker minions !!!!:w00t2::w00t2:Where is the brake lever in that cabover design???

If you do the math psi comes out just under .71

And you wood rather listen to a mouse motor than a Hemi with straight stack?

Too late loggah, we already have plans to put Kitten on rear deck incase of flat track-Spare tire.

Brake lever is just behind engine cover next to transmission shift lever.

rdynes01

I'll bet a small block Chevy would have fit a lot easier but no doubt that big chassis and enormous pontoons loved the torque of that baby elephant motor.....Bob

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll bet a small block Chevy would have fit a lot easier but no doubt that big chassis and enormous pontoons loved the torque of that baby elephant motor.....Bob
gee, why not just put a brand new plug and play chrysler 392 hemi in that old tucker beast

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Just wondering did Tucker ever use any chrysler 383,413 engines in any of their machines? they would be a bit easier to work on then hemis,and lighter per c.i. Don

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Just wondering did Tucker ever use any chrysler 383,413 engines in any of their machines? they would be a bit easier to work on then hemis,and lighter per c.i. Don

from my limited knowledge of what Chrysler V-8 engines were used by Tucker, I do not believe they used either a 383 or 413. but it would not surprise me one bit to learn that they did.

FYI, tucker boys did use engines, like a Crosley 4 cylinder in a Kitten.

Last edited: