• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FREE ENGAGEMENT RING - READ AND SHARE

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
From Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/steven.crocker2/posts/10208934335396185

Steven Crocker
March 4 at 10:30pm ·
FREE ENGAGEMENT RING - READ AND SHARE

Okay, so I have an engagement ring that I bought and never got to use. No need
to give the backstory, but I am still heartbroken about it.
I tried selling this ring to a handful of places and was offered a very depreciated value that I didn’t want to take because it’s not about the money, for me, it’s about love, and I’d hate to see a good ring go to waste, so I’m going to give it away. I’ve thought about this a lot and obviously by the timestamp of this post you can tell it has kept me up at night.

However, I don’t want to give it away to just anyone. I want to give it to a guy or girl who is so in love with their significant other and wants to take the next step but cannot afford a ring. I don’t think that anyone on MY friends list falls in that category, but someone out there does, which is why sharing this post is very much appreciated. I’ll send it anywhere in the US where someone is head-over-heels.

I am very aware of the possibility of being scammed for a free ring, but since this is about love I’m going to try to look past that.
Anyone who fits the above description of who I’m looking to give the ring to can email a video telling me why you deserve it (stevenmcrocker46@gmail.com).

Show me pictures of you and your significant other, tell me how you fell in love, tell me their favorite color; whatever you think will convince me of sending this ring to you. I’ll sit down with some friends one day and we’ll pick a lucky person.
It’s not the fanciest ring in the world but it can potentially make someone very happy for the rest of their life.

Here are the details: Size 3.5 (can be resized for relatively cheap), 1/2ct, 14KT White Gold. I bought it brand new for $1,700 so $free.99 is a great deal as long as it goes to someone who appreciates it.

Addendum 3/6, 7pm: I have no ill-will toward my ex. Comments that are less than nice about her are not welcomed. I will not delete any comments, but be mindful of what you are saying and who is able to see it. She is a phenomenal person and doesn’t deserve anything bad to be said about her. Life happens. It’s okay. This gesture is bigger than her or me. Thank you.

Addendum 3/8, 12:30am: So far I have received over 400 love stories - thank you all so much! I will slowly begin to chip away at them and accept more until I find the one. I won’t pick a lucky couple until after I have read all of them and submissions begin to plateau; no telling when that will be.

Addendum 3/8, 2:30am: I've probably read 75 messages from people just thanking me. I would love to respond to every email but I just simply cannot. Thank you to everyone for your kind messages!

Addendum 3/9, 9:30pm: I'm slowly but surely reading everyones messages and emails. I appreciate everyone so much, it is truly incredible to read all of your stories. I especially want to thank all of the complete strangers who owe me nothing but are wishing me well, so thank you!

Addendum 3/11, 5:45pm: I'm not EXACTLY sure how many submissions I've received, as I've been reading as many as I can while they continue to come in, but it is safe to say that we are pushing 1,600 messages and emails! If I ever win the Powerball, I'm buying everyone a ring! Unfortunately, though, I have yet to win the lottery. This will be a very difficult decision. So far I've read almost 500 messages and have flagged about 100 to revisit after I read them all.

Addendum 3/12, 4:15pm: Kay Jewelers has generously agreed to resize the ring, free of charge, for the recipient of this ring. They have also offered to make a donation to the charity of my choice to continue the spirit of paying-it-forward. I have chosen the Esophageal Cancer Education Foundation to honor the life of my ex's father. Kay did not ask me to give recognition for their generosity, however I am giving it anyway because that is very kind of them to do.

Attachments

• 2AE20C7A-A7F1-481A-9F67-C266FAB67EAD.jpeg
    2AE20C7A-A7F1-481A-9F67-C266FAB67EAD.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 57