• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST 4 military

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we just closed the deal on this ST4 Military 4 belted snowtrac
Should we leave it white camo or bring it back to red?:idea:

Attachments

• snowtrack1.jpg
    snowtrack1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 294
  • snowtrack3.jpg
    snowtrack3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 297

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Good Morning Brad :tiphat: ,
Seems to me it would be more valuable in its original camo colors . Is that a Snow Master ? It sure looks wide . Coffee's on .
Al

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we do not have it back here yet but it has 36" tracks not the original hood or grill but rest is. Thinking of your hunting season coming up... our small game and Bow deer season opens Tomarrow.... was out last night on the south 160 and saw a huge Whitetail. might have to flying to move some critters around.....:thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
With 36" tracks it must be ! The fenders look like they pretty much cover the tracks . I do not know much about the difference between the two models ,but it sure looks like a Master .

As far as hunting season ,I am trying to get motivated . I like be the camp cook and usually do most of the pushing and moving to get the animals up and moving .
WE know the areas well enough to know where the animals will cross or try to sneak out too . Our best results are to just set in the evening and wait for them to feed out into the meadows . One of the guys took his Elk in the last 5 minutes ,on the last day this past year , using this approach .It is ,by far the easiest hunting I have ever had . Good Luck !

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like a model ST4-B, not an ST4. That would make it either a Trac Master or a Snow Master, depending on what year it was built. I seriously doubt if it is a military unit, but it might be. A military unit would have a 24-volt electrical system (or probably some remnants of that). Military units also seem to have had the gas tank relocated but that one shows the original fuel tank position. Most military units had open cabins or full cabins, at least in Europe, not sure how many military units came to North America, but that is cleary a short enclosed cabin, not an open cabin, nor a full cabin. The headlamps are not stock, or if they are, they were taken off their mounts and reset lower directly onto the fenders. Grill and hood are clearly not original. I doubt if the mirrors are original either. I've never seen any photos of a 'military' paint job that looked like that one, so I wonder if that white/black paint is original, but I would question it. Also, on the front passenger side fender is what looks to be a stylized Swastika, that would certainly not be something that would have been used in the late-50's/60's/70's which was the "cold war" era between NATO and the East Block. The Swastika would date back to the 40's era of World War II. BTW, does it have windshield wipers or front cabin running lamps? I don't see them, but then again I have bad eyes.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
BTW, does it have windshield wipers or front cabin running lamps? I don't see them, but then again I have bad eyes

Bad Eyes my ass ! You just took all the fun outta Brads new toy .I bet you even know the color of hair the last last operator had too ! I was interested in buying that puppy until you completely shot it down !!! :moon: Shame on you !

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was interested in buying that puppy until you completely shot it down !!! :moon: Shame on you !

Al, calm down. There is still a major advantage to this unit over the KT7. This one looks like it works :poke:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, calm down. There is still a major advantage to this unit over the KT7. This one looks like it works :poke:

Well ,that was just mean talk ..... I may just go outside and finish getting my hydro motors out of old #7 ! Good Day Sir !

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I may just go outside and finish getting my hydro motors out of old #7 !
While you are out there, why not go over and kick the neighbor's yappy dog too :moon:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
CONGRATULATIONS, Brad :applause:

That's why you've been quiet :yum:

Looks like it will be fun to blast around in... a real 'sports cat' for you :thumb:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, The owner painted the unit. it does have wipers but no arms. it was red
I,ll see if I can find the picture when it was Red. Well time to hit the trail and head to the Bush for the weekend. cheers...........

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie what year is it? Can you get a picture of the side as well? Thanks

Snowops, here is a side picture....tracks ended up being 32", overall width of machine 8'-9" if we get stopped going down the road with it we will just have to explain the tracks must have wiggled there way out ...... officer :moon:
most of the critters in the forest are still safe after a weekend in the bush :yum:

Attachments

• snowtrack2.jpg
    snowtrack2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 262

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
couple of more photos before he painted it and after:thumb:

Attachments

• Snowtrac-900.jpg
    Snowtrac-900.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 267