• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

American Idol

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I enjoy watching it every now and then. It has been interesting this year with the new judges. Jeniffer Lopez has to be the best female judge the shows has had yet. There also is some really good talent this year. Probably better than any other year.

I enjoy watching it every now and then. It has been interesting this year with the new judges. Jeniffer Lopez has to be the best female judge the shows has had yet. There also is some really good talent this year. Probably better than any other year.

I started watching it again this year after I boycotted it when Chris Daughtry was voted off a few years back. I really liked the judges alot this year originally, but now they are getting to me. Jennifer Lopez calls them all baby, Steven Tyler likes them all and Randy Jackson is trying to be too much like Simon (the leader)..ya know dawg lol. But I must say that I have new found respect for Steven Tyler. The talent is pretty good, but Jacob, Haley and Scotty drive me nuts. I think Pia has the best voice out of all the contestants but I don't know if she'll win it. Who do you like?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah I did notice that about Dawg imitating Simon. Jenifer is annoying with the "baby" comments but she does come out with good advice.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Steven Tyler being a judge on it is awesome.
Of course, someone is bound to disagree with me.. lol
It's high time they cleaned house and got a panel who can actually judge a performance and not do the posing bullshit from years past.

Most of it is staged for ratings anyway.
Just like most of the crap that's on network telly is.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK that's just unbelievable! They let Pia go. She had the best voice of them all!

I am totally shocked and I think the judges were too. Even Jenifer who rallied for Stefano all the time was shocked. I am not watching anymore. :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

I am totally shocked and I think the judges were too. Even Jenifer who rallied for Stefano all the time was shocked. I am not watching anymore. :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Yeah, they all did seem shocked. I'm not watching anymore either. Just ridiculous. Same thing happened when Chris Daughtry got booted. Well he made something of himself anyway, so hopefully Pia will too.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OK that's just unbelievable! They let Pia go. She had the best voice of them all!

My wife watches AI, so if I get in in time, I'll watch it with her. Of the last 13 or so, we both agree that Jacob Lusk has the least talent. He would be an average singer in a church choir; not solo material. To get rid of Pia and keep that Jacob dude and Stefano, he's talented but out of his league compared to the rest, is unbelievable. I was surprised to see Randy Jackson complain so vocally because, if you caught it, when Jacob (deservedly) was put in the bottom three, the camera cut away from Randy Jackson just when he was saying "What the fuck?!". C'mon Randy, what's up with your blatant rooting for this Jacob dude? My wife told me that Jacob is gay last night. Heck, I didn't know. Is that why Randy wants to keep him there; he's black and gay?

This year's competition has been severely manipulated by the judges, I'm sure at the demands of the producers. I have zero faith in the 'voting' actually being the deciding factor. As mentioned, the show is after ratings. Since Pia will undoubtedly land a recording contract somewhere, I think she was a sacrificial lamb for show ratings. You know, shake things up a bit to get people talking about their show. In his defense, I think that poor Stefano knows he should have been sent home and he looked like he was in complete shock and not sure what to do. I'd bet he wanted to go and tell Pia to stay and he'd go. He really does seem like a decent guy and what better move could you make towards a beautiful woman? Stefano knows he's going to go anyway. Why not make a permanent positive mark for himself with Pia? However, I'm sure the producers would have stopped him; or maybe they did stop him and we just don't know.

My wife watches AI, so if I get in in time, I'll watch it with her. Of the last 13 or so, we both agree that Jacob Lusk has the least talent. He would be an average singer in a church choir; not solo material. To get rid of Pia and keep that Jacob dude and Stefano, he's talented but out of his league compared to the rest, is unbelievable. I was surprised to see Randy Jackson complain so vocally because, if you caught it, when Jacob (deservedly) was put in the bottom three, the camera cut away from Randy Jackson just when he was saying "What the fuck?!". C'mon Randy, what's up with your blatant rooting for this Jacob dude? My wife told me that Jacob is gay last night. Heck, I didn't know. Is that why Randy wants to keep him there; he's black and gay?

This year's competition has been severely manipulated by the judges, I'm sure at the demands of the producers. I have zero faith in the 'voting' actually being the deciding factor. As mentioned, the show is after ratings. Since Pia will undoubtedly land a recording contract somewhere, I think she was a sacrificial lamb for show ratings. You know, shake things up a bit to get people talking about their show. In his defense, I think that poor Stefano knows he should have been sent home and he looked like he was in complete shock and not sure what to do. I'd bet he wanted to go and tell Pia to stay and he'd go. He really does seem like a decent guy and what better move could you make towards a beautiful woman? Stefano knows he's going to go anyway. Why not make a permanent positive mark for himself with Pia? However, I'm sure the producers would have stopped him; or maybe they did stop him and we just don't know.

I totally agree. Especially about the part about Stefano. He really does have talent but not enough to be the Idol. He really did seem shocked and he does seem like a decent kid. I hope he does get something out of this even though it won't be the Idol. Also, what Ryan did when he told Jacob he was "leaving" was awful. It not only made Jacob think he was leaving, but gave false hope to Pia and Stefano. Pia had the most natural talent of everyone there in my opinion. It's really a shame what happened last night.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Casey Abrams, the guy that got voted off once already but saved!! Dam he had a good night with the Big Bass. He rocked and if he keeps keeping everyone on their toes with surprises like the last one it will be him and James Durbin in the final. I had originally thought it would be Pia and James in the final.

Casey Abrams, the guy that got voted off once already but saved!! Dam he had a good night with the Big Bass. He rocked and if he keeps keeping everyone on their toes with surprises like the last one it will be him and James Durbin in the final. I had originally thought it would be Pia and James in the final.

I think Casey did well too, but I thought he sounded a little like Paul for some reason. I originally liked Paul for his funky voice, but it's starting to irritate me. I don't even know who I want to win now. Maybe James.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Casey did well too, but I thought he sounded a little like Paul for some reason. I originally liked Paul for his funky voice, but it's starting to irritate me. I don't even know who I want to win now. Maybe James.

Paul should just start a Rod Stewart cover band and make that his career.

I know I said I wasn't watching again, but I caught who got kicked off last night and could not believe it. They booted James. That show is totally stupid!:angry3:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I know I said I wasn't watching again, but I caught who got kicked off last night and could not believe it. They booted James. That show is totally stupid!:angry3:

I was thinking Scott was on his way out. What was funny is the judges didn't look surprised like when Tia was ousted. Maybe they knew up front but Jennifer did break into tears when the played the scenes of James going through the show. It was sad. But I bet James had a contract before he left the building last night. I think he will do well.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

I was thinking Scott was on his way out. What was funny is the judges didn't look surprised like when Tia was ousted. Maybe they knew up front but Jennifer did break into tears when the played the scenes of James going through the show. It was sad. But I bet James had a contract before he left the building last night. I think he will do well.

James is hands down the winner in the long run. He is a talented musician and not someone who can just sing. Dude has it all. No doubt he inked a deal before leaving the building last night and will have a bigger career than anyone left.

James is hands down the winner in the long run. He is a talented musician and not someone who can just sing. Dude has it all. No doubt he inked a deal before leaving the building last night and will have a bigger career than anyone left.

Yup, same thing happened with Chris Daughtry. It still sucks though.