• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I bought my tractor finally!

rico304

:17875: I finally did it and bought my tractor. I'll post pictures when I get a chance. John Deere 4300 32hp. FEL, tiller, post hole digger, bush hog and york rake. Bob S. will be so happy not to get my "How about this....." weekly letter from me. 170 hours on it. I had borrowed this tractor several times in the past and probably have put 60+ of these hours on it myself.
Already used it to clear a path of snow that had frozen over.
Now I just have to get my snowblower and I'm good until Spring! :beer:

Just thought I'd pass on my joy!:fart2: (Or pass something onto you fine folks anyway)

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Good luck with your new light weight YELLOW tractor....... Can I suggest that you add a few hundred pounds to each wheel and beef up the frame with some additional steel????? You also might consider a front weight bar and a rear weight box. Those Deere's are kinda lightweight, unlike a Kioti, built solid, and strong with lots of iron...... :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
rico304 said:
:17875: I finally did it and bought my tractor. . . Bob S. will be so happy not to get my "How about this....." weekly letter from me.

Well I stopped answering those emails long ago. :moon:

My secretary was enjoying herself when she made fun of you while she pretended to be me. :wave:

Now I'm going to have to find some real work for her to do. I think she spent about 20 hours a week just answering your emails.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Junkman said:
a Kioti, built solid,

Besides wishing you many happy hours of seat time (that's what Junk really meant to say) he was right about one thing...

From a happy Kioti owner to a happy Deere owner, best of luck with the new ride!!...:beer:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Although it was just a little larger (don't recall the hp), but a JD4600 I bought new when that model first came out ended up being one of my absolute favorite tractors. I had that tractor when I was building much of my lake and putting in around 12 acres of lawn. I put over 500 brutal hours on that tractor. If it had a cab with A/C, I would still have that tractor. It's pulling power, smoothness, ease of starting in even the coldest weather, and FEL strength was incredible. It was one of the main reasons that I was hesitant to ever go with a hydro tractor. My 4600 had the shuttle shift, and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely nothing broke on that tractor; nothing. I would think the one you are buying should be much the same. Good luck!!

rico304

B_Skurka said:
Well I stopped answering those emails long ago. :moon:
B_Skurka said:
My secretary was enjoying herself when she made fun of you while she pretended to be me. :wave:

Now I'm going to have to find some real work for her to do. I think she spent about 20 hours a week just answering your emails.

That's funny Bob.... I had mentioned to someone that you must really be working hard on your grammar and knowledge of tractors. Your recent
e mails seemed really well thought out and filled with solid info. :puke1:
Tell her I said Hi!:boobies:

I'll add weight tonight Junk. Mostly my fat butt, but none the less,weight:17875:

""Besides wishing you many happy hours of seat time (that's what Junk really meant to say) he was right about one thing...

From a happy Kioti owner to a happy Deere owner, best of luck with the new ride!!...:beer:""

Thank you cowboyjg and Junkman. I'm sure that is what Junk meant to say. He is ussually very political in his answers and would never take a shot at anoyone like that. Wait a second, yes he would. :drink: :)(I must admit, I miss gippolit)

Well now, that was easy, wasn't it...
NO!! :1062: hahaha

Thank Dargo! I'm very excited and think it is going to be a great deal for me. I don't see me trading too soon!! haha. (you never know though!);)

rico304

Keweenaw4310 said:
Less hours than my 12 month old 4310.

Yes it is Hydro. Very smooth running & operating. I can't say enough about it. It was put to work this summer, and never let me down. I was very happy that they sold.

JayC

Huh?
Congrats on the new toy!:cool:

needpics.gif

rico304 said:
Keweenaw4310 said:
Less hours than my 12 month old 4310.

Yes it is Hydro. Very smooth running & operating. I can't say enough about it. It was put to work this summer, and never let me down. I was very happy that they sold.

I know some may argue against Hydro trans based on power loss figures. However I am very happy with my decision to go with the Hydro. For what I do with the snowblower I really appreciate this transmission. I also like it for loader work. I've used the traditional Hydro trans and my EHydro with electronic controls. It took some getting used to EHydro, but I guess after 200 hours I can now say I'm used to it and see some benefit to it.

Kubota King

Keweenaw4310 said:
rico304 said:
I know some may argue against Hydro trans based on power loss figures. However I am very happy with my decision to go with the Hydro. For what I do with the snowblower I really appreciate this transmission. I also like it for loader work. I've used the traditional Hydro trans and my EHydro with electronic controls. It took some getting used to EHydro, but I guess after 200 hours I can now say I'm used to it and see some benefit to it.

I smell a debate brewing.........

Chief

Rico, congratulations on your machine. Before I retired I wrote a contract purchase for 15 John Deere 4710's for the 101st Airborne Division Aviation Brigades. If anyone can tear up anything, the 101st can and I am pleased to say that these machines get used to tow aircraft approaching 50,000 lbs. in weight as well as a host of other uses not to mention are run on JP-8 and they are still running strong. I liked how well they performed so much that I purchased a 4410.

rico304

€hieƒ™ said:
Rico, congratulations on your machine. Before I retired I wrote a contract purchase for 15 John Deere 4710's for the 101st Airborne Division Aviation Brigades. If anyone can tear up anything, the 101st can and I am pleased to say that these machines get used to tow aircraft approaching 50,000 lbs. in weight as well as a host of other uses not to mention are run on JP-8 and they are still running strong. I liked how well they performed so much that I purchased a 4410.

Thanks Chief! I'm pretty excited about it. I love hearing about people using them hard and loving their performance. Makes me feel like I got a good buy! I can't compare as this is the only tractor I have ever worked, but I think it's going to do everything I need it to plus.
Thanks again!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
rico304 said:
:17875: I finally did it and bought my tractor. I'll post pictures when I get a chance. John Deere 4300 32hp. FEL, tiller, post hole digger, bush hog and york rake. Bob S. will be so happy not to get my "How about this....." weekly letter from me. 170 hours on it. I had borrowed this tractor several times in the past and probably have put 60+ of these hours on it myself.
Already used it to clear a path of snow that had frozen over.
Now I just have to get my snowblower and I'm good until Spring! :beer:

Just thought I'd pass on my joy!:fart2: (Or pass something onto you fine folks anyway)

Anyone see any pictures ??????????????

Rico304, get off your dead a@@ and give what ya promised!

:weneedpic :D :weneedpic

rico304

It took me an hour to figure out how to change my avatar and you guys want pictures from me:confused2: :hide: :D

I'll try this week. Just like many of you, my summer is crazy busy

JimR

Charter Member
Yeah, where the hell are the pictures. He surely cannot say he's too busy plowing snow now with it. I know, He 's out making woodchuck holes with his PHD. Oh, by the way. Nice tractor you bought there.