• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yearly mileage???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
How many miles per year do you average? When I lived 3 hours away, I travelled 30 miles daily to and from work. I also found myself making the 3 hour drive to the city about once a month. So roughly 25,000 miles a year. Since I moved to the city, I barely put on 15,000 in the past year. The durango just turned 200,000km last month. I bought it last december at 188,000km. At this rate, it should last me a while. now that I'm in the city, it's only a 12 minute drive from my house to the office. And the only real highway mileage I put on is going to camp every weekend in the summer.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
First year that I got Melen her VW Jetta we put over 32,000 miles on that vehicle alone.

But on average, I probably put about 18-20,000 per year on a vehicle, my wife probably puts on less than 8,000 miles on hers.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly don't know but would guess I do about 10,000 nowadays.

My truck gets 5K per year,
The van gets 10K (but the driving of it is split between myself and Mrs. Zoom).
Mrs. Zoom's daily driver gets about 20K per year.
The backup car only gets about 1-2K.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I put 17k per year on the car (main vehicle).
4k on the truck (mainly used for towing or hauling)
2k on the jeep (used for fun / four wheeling).

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Less than a thousand on one of the pickups, none at all on the suburban, the other pickup maybe 5 or 6 thousand, the jetta 15,000. The motorcycles, two not ridden in the last year, the newest one maybe 1500 and that includes a trip to Sturgis.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our work car (we both use it) = 38,000 this inspection cycle
Our spare car = 9,000
My 2500 = 15,000
My 3500 = 1,500

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm good for at least 35K a year spread over 7 vehicles.
The Dodge one ton and the Crossfire 6 spd get about 30K of those.
Sadly the Dodge gets the lion's share, but one cannot haul much gravel, rock, bricks and lumber in a Crossfire.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
8k max,all my work is local and lets be honest the UK is way to small you can drive end to end on a sunday drive out lol.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
30K on all of mine combined. half of that is medical running and shopping.

jwstewar

I put about 26k a year on the Honda. Our Suburban gets 6-7k a year, mainly Monica. The truck then gets another 4-5k on it a year but it usually has something connected to the back of it when it leaves the yard - except the last two weeks. I've been driving it back and forth to work since I lost the tranny in the Accord. What about the 200 hours a year I put on the tractor? I used the tracker on my phone one time when I mowed. I drive about 12 miles when I mow the grass....I figure I probably take another 4 or 500 hundred from that a year.:w00t2:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What about the 200 hours a year I put on the tractor? :w00t2:

Darn, I forgot about that!!! I put probably about 300 hours a year on 3 tractors.

I put about 5K miles a year on a combination of 3 vehicles, a SUV, a 1-ton dually and a 3/4-ton custom van. All of them are gas (diesel) guzzlers but get driven so little that it's not really a consideration. The SUV is the newest at 6 years. The other two are old (14 and 18 years) but work perfectly and still look pretty good so I'll probably keep them till the day I die.

My wife puts 12K-15K miles a year on a vehicle. She runs the 6 miles into town or to the farm almost every day, sometimes twice a day. Her car is also, by far, the newest and the one we take on trips and excursions.

We probably spend about 4K miles RVing each year in the motorhome.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not Much now . Wifes rig is about 5000 . Me ,,, about 5000 . Tractor 200 hours .

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
First year that I got Melen her VW Jetta we put over 32,000 miles on that vehicle alone.

But on average, I probably put about 18-20,000 per year on a vehicle, my wife probably puts on less than 8,000 miles on hers.

I just saw this thread and am surprised because Bob already posted exactly the mileage my wife and I drive. Worse yet, I'm really considering a TDI Jetta for my next personal car!