• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GM Expansion in Wentsville MO

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a bit down the road from m factory is a GM truck plant which is now running 24/7. In 2009 it was slated for shutdown. But Obama saved it with Taxpayer money.

Meanwhile, both Ford and Chrysler leveled their car plants here in St Louis.
Wentzville couldn't give away industrial property. And the five square miles of the GM complex park was a ghost town. The UAW hall parking lot was empty.

The lights started to come back on in 2016. Now it is fully occupied. And the Union Hall is busy with member activity.

Early this week GM announced tentative plans to expand the Wentzville plant with a $1 Billion (yes with a B).
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/g...plant/63-8c59c9da-7faa-449e-817c-f9ab1f524f6e

Twenty years ago, when I set up here in Wentzville, the town had about 3,700 residents. Now, thanks to the recent national economic expansion, the town has grown exponentially. Over 25,000 and growing.

This investment will be a boom for the area. We moved out here because it was rural and quiet. I'm not sure I'm happy about it. On the other hand, it is great for the local economy. And this time it will be GM money, no yours and mine.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: GMexpansion in Wentsville MO

Obama said Trump would need a magic wand to bring industry and manufacturing jobs back to the USA.

One more instance where the Kenyan was clueless. Donald did not need a magic wand. He used the MAGA Wand instead. :thumbup::clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder what motivated GM to invest here and not Nanging China.:unsure:

The word I come up with is Tariffs.