• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Family ties

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As a pastime my aunt has been trying to figure out our genealogy. Turns out I'm related to Jim Carrey through my grandmother's side. Interesting. We share the same great great great grandfather. Anyone here related to anyone famous? Royalty? Other?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No... but my great Grandpa hailed from Swansea, Wales.
I like to consider myself slightly related to Dylan Thomas because of that.

:biggrin::yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My cousin traced our history back on my mom's side ... deep roots in Poland. Somehow, somewhere, many many generations back we have someone who was Polish royalty. He sent me all the info. Not sure what the royalty connection is, maybe a king?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The only royalty I would ever see on my side of the family is a royal screwing, if you know what I mean.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
My half sister is related to Robert E. Lee, so I consider that as a small relation. And I am related to Betsy Devos. Her husband and I share the same great grandmother.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Only thing I know is both my parents are Slovenian. I trace back my last name and it's Italian in roots. Northern Italy near the boarder of Italy and Slovenia.
I figure way back when one of my ancestors was a criminal and crossed the mountains to enter Slovenia to avoid arrest.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
If you can tap into the Mormon data base you got it made. My brother was able to trace my father's side of the family back to the 14th century.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my relatives was the doctor for the Queen of England.
Another is credited with the the advent of the medical record.

The biggest one is Deacon William Brodie. An interesting chap to say the least and lead a double life.

"It is said that Brodie's bizarre double-life inspired Robert Louis Stevenson, whose father had had furniture made by Brodie. Stevenson included aspects of Brodie's life and character in his story of a split personality, 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde'."
http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/Deacon-William-Brodie/

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My mother's side is Adams. Directly descended from John, John, and indirectly to Henry.