• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BV202/ BV206 track tension

Ak_muskeg

Good day all,
I have a question regarding the proper sequence on tensioning BV202 and 206 tracks. I did a search and couldn't really come up with a complete answer. I have a BV202 NF1.

The manual for the BV202 is somewhat vague. Pretty much the user manual stated the tracks need to have 5/8" slack between the drive sprocket and carrier wheel and 5/8" slack from the carrier wheel to the tensioning wheel.

In the past for track vehicles like a DMC that doesn't have a carrier wheel. I've just moved the rig back and forth in a straight line to get the slack on top and uniform.
My question is it preferred to make the last movement in reverse to relieve the tension on the track from the drive sprocket to the carrier wheel? Or is the last movement forward and average the slack between the two measuring points?

Attachments

• 20190824_125628.jpg
    20190824_125628.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 20190824_125614.jpg
    20190824_125614.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 194

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you measure the track tension between the front drive sprocket and the support idler should be between one and one and a half inches of drop.