• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SKIDOZER 252 ~ problem with steering

docmaple

YESTERDAY AFTER NEARLY GETTING STUCK GROOMING DEEP SNOW MY RIGHT STEERING LEVER BECAME SLUGGISH.( I WAS HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME TURNING AND WAS REALLY LEANING ON IT).MY SKIDOZER HAS HYDRAULIC STEERING AND THIS IS WORKING FINE.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sometimes (quite often) people will bring their machine in and they have lost some of their steering on one side and what it can be on the hydraulic assist on the Bombardiers is the nut that tightens the steering band is suppose to be saftey wired to keep from working loose and if it not it will work loose. that would be my first check. If that is not it it could be that the band it self has broken. in the differential or other items too. but let us know if this works.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
boggie said:
the hydraulic assist on the Bombardiers is the nut that tightens the steering band is suppose to be saftey wired to keep from working loose and if it not it will work loose. that would be my first check. If that is not it it could be that the band it self has broken. in the differential or other items too.
Can you post a photo of this or perhaps scan an exploded image from the manual to make it more clear what to look for?

docmaple

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.I'LL CHECK THIS AFTERNOON.I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE HYDRAULIC ASSIST WOULD WORK IF A BAND WAS BROKEN?IS IT INDEPENDANT OF THE MANUAL?IHAVE A MANUAL THAT CAME WITH THE MACHINE(THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE)IT SAID IT COULD BE A FLUID PROBLEM WITH THE MASTER CYLINDER? WHERE WOULD I CHECK THE FLUID LEVEL? I TOOK SOME ACTION PHOTOS TODAY AND WILL POST THEM AS SOON AS THE KIDS TEACH ME HOW TO DO IT THANKS DOCMAPLE:letitsnow:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I Quess we did not understand your question ...... sounded like you you had no steering at all? you do not have the manual but have the hydraulic? they are two different cylinders back to back the manual is run via master cylinder for each side. power assist is run by hydraulic's via engine pump 50/50 splitter and a open line when you use a handle to steer you are in affect just closing the open line from the splitter and pressure will build till it reaches the preset on the releif valve. if the manual is not working it is most likly the fluid level or the slave cylinder u cup inside.