• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Washington State Snowcat Owners?

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
= ) I'll take some better pics tomorrow and get a build log going here soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4143.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice machine, looks like a lot of fun. Hey, when you start your build log put it under the restoration page. Plus you should come to the serenades/jamborees this winter.
Where's the jamboree at? Sounds like a blast. I want every opportunity to take this thing out and about. = )

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Where's the jamboree at? Sounds like a blast. I want every opportunity to take this thing out and about. = )

EZ, for the most part, when an organized jamboree/gathering, the people putting it together start a thread under the heading of Snow-Cat adventures etc, so, to cut to the chase, in January you can head over to Joesph Ore, in February, Northern Michigan is the place to BE, at, the Clowder and in March, there is the, Colorado snowflake bashing out of the Vail area, and the other gathering in Sun Valley idaho

you will meet up with lots great folks at these events

so if look back through the threads over the years, you will find lots and lots of threads about past events,

hope to see ya at one, if not all the events, each has their own charm and character, no one it better than the one, all are fun...

keep smashing snow flakes

DSC_0040.JPG

sun valley

DSC_0559.JPG

clowder Michigan

Last edited:

trees4me

Hey, I've been trying to figure out where these can be run in WA (WW, darrington, snoqualmie, blewett/leavenworth, ?). Read through every thread I can find and it seems like Green DOT are fair game, groomed snow-mo trails are generally not, and USFS roads are up to the individual district. Is that right? For you locals, what areas are you running these? My wife gave me a sorta-ok to get a cat if I can tell her where we can run it and some other caveats...
Cheers

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, I've been trying to figure out where these can be run in WA (WW, darrington, snoqualmie, blewett/leavenworth, ?). Read through every thread I can find and it seems like Green DOT are fair game, groomed snow-mo trails are generally not, and USFS roads are up to the individual district. Is that right? For you locals, what areas are you running these? My wife gave me a sorta-ok to get a cat if I can tell her where we can run it and some other caveats...
Cheers
check with mike couch on the forums, his handle is mr prez, he is probably the most knowledgable of where to run in Washington

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
I too have this same question. = ) Tried searching for Mr Prez and he has left the building:LOL:

Thefatsquatch

Cheers
Ok, so I just came across this thread. I know it's way late, but I finally got ahold of a Ranger last winter and asked him specifically where we could and could not run cats. He pulled up the rulebook, and it's pretty simple: Tracked vehicles are allowed on any roads that are not specifically closed, any snowmobile or motorized sno-park, and as long as the snow is deep enough we don't disturb anything underneath, off-trail anywhere a snowmobile is allowed to go. Now, as he said, this might make a lot of sled guys grumpy, but it's not illegal. The hardest part is actually getting the damn things registered. When you go on-line to register it as a snowmobile, Tucker and Thiokol certainly don't come up as manufacturers. The good news is, if you go in to the registration office, you can get a lifetime vintage registration for cheap. I have taken the Thiokol up Round mountain and toward Darland mountain out of Yakima, up the road to Mount Adams summer parking lot, Marble Mountain on St Helens, and some local snowed-in logging roads, (Abernathy Fire Lookout.) But most of the time, I go out Toutle toward Mount St Helens West side, above Castle Lake. If anyone wants to join me, I have a couple rescue sleds for when things go wrong... This year I also obtained permission to head out highway 20 once it is closed for the season. Let's Do this!