• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flags of Our Fathers

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I'm not a big movie goer, maybe 1 in a year. I saw this over the weekend and was really surprised, an amazing movie. The first thing I noticed was no one talking thru the entire film I mean nobody. The movie ended and the silence continued the audience was in awe as was I. It really tells an important and relevent story. One of the best films I've seen in years.

ps: Moderator If I'm not supposed to plug a movie please remove this post and I apologize. It's just that I'm not impressed easily and this one got to me.

HGM

RoadKing said:
I'm not a big movie goer, maybe 1 in a year. I saw this over the weekend and was really surprised, an amazing movie. The first thing I noticed was no one talking thru the entire film I mean nobody. The movie ended and the silence continued the audience was in awe as was I. It really tells an important and relevent story. One of the best films I've seen in years.

ps: Moderator If I'm not supposed to plug a movie please remove this post and I apologize. It's just that I'm not impressed easily and this one got to me.

Good info, I for one, appreciate it... I had planned on seeing it myself, but wanted to hear what people thought of it first...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I went to a movie like that once. It was so quiet in the theater, that you could have heard a pin drop....... That movie was so bad that it put everyone to sleep......:hide:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Silly question, but what is the move about?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Directed by Clint Eastwood (sp?), about the men who raised the flag on Iwo Jima and their lives during the war (both in battle and what "service" was required by them by their goverment "touring" the U.S after the battle, still during the war, to raise "funds" by the American people).

Listen to Johnny Cash's "Ira Hayes" and you should get a pretty good "jist" of what the movie is about.

Mr. Eastwood also directed "Letters from Iwo Jima", about the same battle, but from the perspective from the Japeneese (sp?) that will be out in theaters next year.

Book is great reading material, about the effects of war on men. Have not seen the movie, but looking forward to it, and the "follow up" movie as well.