• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier SV200 Rebuild/Repair

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We purchased this 1972 Bombardier SV200 in Wisconsin for our private use to groom our roads and trails on private property last spring. The cat ran fair but needed some extensive work to get her back in shape for another 20 years of grooming operation. It is a unique cat with a Valley Engineering fold up trail drag on the back and a 6 way Valley U blade on the front.

Here is a pic of the "old girl" looking tired and worn last spring.
P3250020.jpg

We have went through the cat spending considerable dollars with the "Boggie Man" for such things as flexators, axles, track belts, bearings, heated mirrors along with many other parts/hours of labor to rebuild and make her shine again. This is a work cat and that was our basis for repair to make it run and work while looking good. We put her back in service this past week smoothing out my over snow road/trail home while my partners groomed about 5 miles to their mountain cabin with her last weekend. The SV runs great, looks good and does an excellent job keeping our over snow trails smooth.

Here are some pics of the "new lady" looking fresh and ready to work for a long time as I touched up my road/trail yesterday.

P1010036 (Medium).JPG

P1010038 (Medium).JPG

P1010039 (Medium).JPG

P1010041 (Medium).JPG

Attachments

• P1010037 (Medium).JPG
    P1010037 (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 728

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks great :clap:

I love the color !

That's a pretty handy groomer.

snowbird

Looks great!:clap: It appears you've added those special windshield wipers.
I like your color, but I have to admit I'm partial to yellow.

dpaulson

What is the width of your tracks, and what is the hight of the cleats? I have a 75 muskeg carrier that when it's in deeper snow you can't steer with the standard muskeg tracks.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
dpaulson, The Skidozers and Muskegs have similar track area on the ground but Muskegs, particularly Carriers, usually weigh more and would sink in farther which makes them harder to steer.
Just your solid tires weigh something like 50 pounds (guessing!) each more than air tires and you have twice as many as a Skidozer.

If you pack trails every time it snows, you may have better luck !

Where are you located ??

dpaulson

I noticed that the muskeg carrier is about 1600 lbs heavier. Our first good snowfall was just a couple of weeks ago, about 12" in the open, deeper in the ditches and the carrier is really useless now. I was wondering if welding on a deeper cleat would help with gaining control. I am from Saskatchewan.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the muskeg's are geared around work and built bullet proof if you needsnow transportation you might want to look at a snow spacific vehicle your unit uses brakes to steer deeper grousers will no doubt improve the preformance but with brake steering i think your preformance is still going to suffer. with a rig that weigh's that much.