• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Cool Bus

yellowpine O.T.S.

Recently fullfilled one of most every kids dreams, cutting a School bus in half! We tied two of the bus heaters into the system and all of the bus interior and exterior lighting. Put her to the test here in the central Idaho willderness snow, it really works incredibly well.
Cheers,KIF:letitsnow:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, you beat me to the statement about pictures!

KIF, so how about it? Can we get some photos posted?

mtmogs

Very cool KIF. Do you have to stop at all railroad crossings now? And yes, post some more pics when you can.

-Paul

mtmogs

KIF, If you email me the pics I can resize and then post them if you'd like.

-Paul (mtmogs@gmail.com)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
yellowpine O.T.S. said:
Tried to attach photos, but it seems all our photos exceed the max size. Not very computer literate, any ideas???
JPG Images posted inside threads (like this one) are limited to 800x800 pixels in size, and they also must be 200kb in file size or less. Most basic photo editing software will allow you to modify your images to easily fit.

The other option is to upload your images to the PHOTO GALLERY, the file size limits there are more liberal. Files can be up to 2MB in size.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
:yum: Most basic photo editing software will allow you to modify your images to easily fit.:yum:

Yah thats if you know how to do it! I have finally learned some of the basics on the Mac but man my PC was a bitch! We are not all as gifted as you Bob. :respect:

B_Skurka said:
JPG Images posted inside threads (like this one) are limited to 800x800 pixels in size, and they also must be 200kb in file size or less. Most basic photo editing software will allow you to modify your images to easily fit.

The other option is to upload your images to the PHOTO GALLERY, the file size limits there are more liberal. Files can be up to 2MB in size.

mtmogs

Here are some pics from Yellowpine. Great pics and looks like those guys are having too much fun!

Attachments

• Winter 2006&2007 222.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 222.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Winter 2006&2007 249.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 249.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Winter 2006&2007 253.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 253.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 280
  • Winter 2006&2007 267.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 267.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 280

mtmogs

...last batch of the Tucker Cool Bus:

Attachments

• Winter 2006&2007 294.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 294.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Winter 2006&2007 313.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 313.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Winter 2006&2007 312.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 312.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 274

mtmogs

One more pic with the story below from Kif, yikes! I wish I had a shop like his:

"[pic below] was taken after I removed the front springs for rebuild, I had the machine hooked to the overhead but the way the fifth wheel plates and suspension works there is nothing but the stops in the rear to keep it from tipping over, just two welding clamps held the bus on as the Tucker rolled all the way to the stops, they say an adrenaline blast helps towards a long life ."

Attachments

• Winter 2006&2007 224.jpg
    Winter 2006&2007 224.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 272

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
yellowpine O.T.S.,
Awesome American ingenuity at work. Looks like everyone is having a great time as it should be. Where in Idaho is Yellowpine? I lived near Couer d"Alene for several years. Keep up the great work and thanks to mtrnogs for helping with the pics.:thumb:

Vance

Very cool Tucker Short Bus model.... :yum: :yum:

What's up with the Willys and trailer? Looks like there is no engine? Or is it in the cab?

Thanks for sharing,

Vance

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Your machine rocks!
That's really a party on four tracks.
Very ingenious, adventerous, and well done!
Do you think you'll paint the whole thing or leave it original for posterity?
Looks like cats galore up there!

yellowpine O.T.S.

Yes, maibe this summer it will get a complete paint job in Yellowpine yellow! And yes we know it is the short bus .....someday I will show photos of some of the special window lickers that ride the special bus! but watch out as there is nothing PC in Y.P. That brings me to where in the heck is Y.P. central Idaho 70 east of cascade,ID or 90 north of Boise,ID as a crow flies.
KIF

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Dont forget the hand operated "STOP" sign that pops out the side when kids are unloading and the red flashing lights! Very nice.

Your not to far from me. When BigAl gets up to Elk city you would be about halfway for both of us. I believe Mtntopr is about the same but not sure. I can see a Snowcat meet soon.

yellowpine O.T.S.

Oops forgot to tell you about the "Gonkulator" It is a custom four track drive articulated design, powered by a 350 chev with forty four manual forward gears!! yep it's a runner with a six way blade,all track drive and a living quarters complete with a wood stove in the back,it's the ultimate base camp for backcountry skiing. The Willies cab is coming off this summer and yep you may have guest it a bus is going on the front and back, but this time it is not a school bus but an Inmate bus complete with the 4speed Allison xmission.

yellowpine O.T.S.

Not a Nordwell chassis but a custom build built out of a school bus frame that was caught in the Teton dam flood, a man named Harley Goodwin built the machine and he and his wife would set out in the winters grooming some 500 miles of trail living on the road in the back by night and grooming by day, those that knew the operation said the reason he built the back quarters was becuase it broke down so often that he needed a place to stay, but we have found the machine to be a engineering marvel with amazing alignment and ingenuity.

Look forward to the snow cat meet, My wife and I will be glad to host it here, we can all travel over the snow to our 30 foot Yurt 23 miles over Profile summit to Big Creek(Edwardsburg),ID

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
yellowpine O.T.S. said:
Look forward to the snow cat meet, My wife and I will be glad to host it here, we can all travel over the snow to our 30 foot Yurt 23 miles over Profile summit to Big Creek(Edwardsburg),ID

Cool, I have been interested in the Yurt structure for a couple years. You should start a new thread and tell the other forum members what and how a Yurt is designed and built. I do not have one, but have been reading up on them. :thumb: :weneedpic

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
They are pretty cool looking. I have never been in one though. Thanks for the invite. We will have to just do it.:thumb: How about the next winter season? I will have both my cats done by then but not before this winter ends. OR if you want this winter that would be cool I could always ride in the back of BigAls KT7. Hell I will even run back and forth with my special Yetti addition recovery strap.:yum:

http://homepage.mac.com/decthree/PhotoAlbum22.html (a yurt home. Kinda gives you the feel at least)