• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

China buys new AG aircraft from GA.

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
http://www.agairupdate.com/article_detail.php?_kp_serial=00001842#commentsNew Dual Cockpit 510G’s to replace aging fleets in world’s most populated country

Albany, GA – Thrush Aircraft began shipment of the first three of some twenty shiny new dual cockpit model Thrush 510G’s to China this week. It is the single largest order ever for the company and, with the included spare parts and training, one valued well into eight figures.

Heilongjiand State Farms Beidahuand Group in Jiamusi, China will take delivery of the newly FAA-certified dual cockpit 510G’s upon their arrival in country – which is anticipated in a little over two weeks. The first three aircraft are being ferry flown from Thrush headquarters in Albany, Georgia, and the remaining seventeen will be containerized and shipped via ocean transport for the more than 7,000 mile journey.

In preparation for the aircraft’s arrival in China, Thrush has been conducting pilot and mechanic training at the company’s Training Center in Albany over the past two months. In addition, once the aircraft arrive in Jiamusi, Thrush will be providing additional on-site orientation and assistance to help crews there in putting the new aircraft to work as soon as possible. At least six of the new Thrush 510G’s are planned to be ready for service during China’s 2013 spray season. The country’s primary crops that utilize aerial application include rice, soybeans and corn. “The airplanes destined for Jiamusi represent a tremendous milestone for everyone here at Thrush, and for the State of Georgia – as well as a meaningful validation of the increasing levels of cooperation and trade between our nation and China” said Payne Hughes, president of Thrush Aircraft. “Our customers in China did an almost unbelievable amount of research, comparisons and evaluations prior to purchase” he continued “and I’m darn proud they selected us for such an important order.”

China comes to Georgia. Chinese pilots and mechanics spent almost four weeks at Thrush Aircraft’s Training Center in Albany, Georgia in preparation for receiving some twenty new Thrush 510G’s in China this summer.

Heading for China. The first six Thrush 510G dual cockpit aircraft bound for China bask on the ramp at the Thrush Factory in Albany, Georgia as they prepare to head across the Pacific. The first three aircraft will depart this week on a ferry flight to their new home, while the next three will arrive there via container ship.

Comments on this article: | Comment on this article New Article Search

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting aircraft, I guess that means that China's farming industry is advancing if they are going to start crop dusting.

I wonder why they are going with a twin cockpit design, I suppose for training purposes. But does that mean that they will be buying single cockpit craft in the future or will they just copy these planes and make single cockpit crafts using the designs made by Thrush?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty nimble plane to be able to make runs like I just watched.:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you may not believe this but we had one fly through here the other day on amphib floats I was wondering if it had been converted to fire suppression now im wondering if it was on it's way to china. ever hear of one on floats I would not have believed it had I not seen it my self.

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Thrush received the type certificate for the single several months ago while continuing work on the two-place version. But this is no stripped-down trainer. Standing tall on its conventional gear, the two-seat 510G sports all the basic features of the single-seat model.
Those features include a 3-inch pipe fitting for pressure-filling payloads into a tank, which can deliver up to 66 cubic feet of dry chemicals or 510 gallons of liquids.
"Efficiency and speed - those are key when you get paid by the acre,"
Center-line doors in the belly let the 510G serve as a water bomber for fire-suppression - and the maneuverable Thrush seems particularly suited for the job. "They can get this in and out of spots larger water bombers can't........I have seen pic's of one on floats, it was set up for fire suppression.......

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I was caught off guard seeing one on floats. I figured it was for fire suppression. with only 510 gallons of liquid seems kind of an expensive way of delivering fuel. if one could get it up into the 1000 gallon range than the numbers may work out.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What does it mean to "ferry" an aircraft? I thought it meant to fly it from one point to another without a payload, but this aircraft cannot possibly fly from Ga to China. Must mean something else.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
they fly them that way I was watching a show where there is a company that does that. they rig the planes with extra fuel capacity and fly them overseas. we see a lot of ferried aircraft's up here as we are an international airport and a gate way to Russia. most of the planes I see are private jets bound for the middle east. nome is their last chance for fuel and a place to clear customs to get out of the us.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they fly them that way I was watching a show where there is a company that does that. they rig the planes with extra fuel capacity and fly them overseas. we see a lot of ferried aircraft's up here as we are an international airport and a gate way to Russia. most of the planes I see are private jets bound for the middle east. nome is their last chance for fuel and a place to clear customs to get out of the us.

I can understand rigging a personal jet designed to fly hundreds of miles an hour and a few thousand miles without refueling to make it to Russia, but these are crop dusters, designed to fly at low altitudes, low speed, and most probably with minimum instrumentation to China.

Even if I get past the how, there is the question of why.