• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SNOW TRAC WHEELS - help me find parts

thank you for the compliments Amelie [ after the french film ] is now a bit biger and the most fun little person to be with.:smile::smile::smile:

Attachments

• camera.sept11 952.jpg
    camera.sept11 952.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 835
hi nikos re:track ajustment front ones are fore drive chains in engine bay .tracks ajust on rear wheels. hope this helps [ get this thred back on to snow trac ]

Attachments

• camera.sept11 878.jpg
    camera.sept11 878.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 831
  • camera.sept11 847.jpg
    camera.sept11 847.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 837

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
pics oof the little girl remindes of mine now off in the army working on black hawks but would drive my m37 wth me in parades and shows with me

nikos

As i am in process to belting the tracs in the next days pics 132 & 133.
I need your opinions.
Can someone tell me, about the level that takes the axle sprocket, in the process when you have to start tension the Belts.
I have a dissagreement with my friend, and i need your opinion and some pics if it is posible
In my ST4 there are different levels in the right - left axle Sprockets.pics 44 1 & 44

Attachments

• DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 807
  • DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 818
  • DSC000Α44 (1).JPG
    DSC000Α44 (1).JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 811
  • DSC000Α44.JPG
    DSC000Α44.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 808

nikos

:shitHitFan:
Does anyone Knew HOW Dangerous ( Fuel - tank, etc ), or not, is to Worm the cabin with this German gadget.
Any suggestion, how to worm the place, example with some other extra electric machine.
The two indents from the VW is still working, but i m thinking smthing more clean, about the hot air, probably with the smells-faints of the exhaust pipes in front the machine

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
if your j box heaters are working right a fuel burning heater is un necessary irun mine in a t-shirt at -20 f

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It would be nice if you stop and shut down the engine. That is the only time I wuold want one. But from what I have read, those gasoline heaters were more trouble than they were worth in terms of safety as well as reliabilty. There was a pic of an ST with an LP heater with a fan set in the rear corner of the cab. The LP bottle was out side on the racks.. Just need to cut a hole in the floor and put in a hinged door. A second battery for the heater and you could ice fish, from the cab....After you back over your hole.:brows:

Regards, Kirk

nikos

Here is the gasoline Heater.
Some problems in the forum site, so thats why i coyldnt add and send pic

Attachments

• DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 738

nikos

I am not a Junky in Restoration, but i had to change the wooden floor, and refresh the color from the rust in the chassis.
RED color or smthing else, Red color or Black,

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC00072st (5).JPG
    DSC00072st (5).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 747

nikos

Hey Everybody from Greece. 24-12-2011.
The best Wishes for peacefull and nice Christmass time.:biggrin:
The weather is cold outside, the snow its about 50 cm, the winter came, and the st4 is still in the garrage with others vehicles.

Too much grease and oil.:w00t2:
Fifteen years ago, it probably would be the best vax for my hair.

Attachments

• 146.JPG
    146.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 143.JPG
    143.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 820
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 824
  • 129.JPG
    129.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 826
  • 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 817
  • rockershangout.jpg
    rockershangout.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 818
  • greaser.jpg
    greaser.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 806

nikos

The floor under, rust, dirt, dust - faded paint on the chassis.(before- after).

And the front engine frame. (before -after with the foam Shock-deadening material - deadening composite sheet consisting of two sheets of polyethylene foam with the aluminum sheet)

Attachments

• DSC00087.JPG
    DSC00087.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 788
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 793
  • 120.JPG
    120.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 803
  • 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 806
  • 135.JPG
    135.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 785
  • 130.JPG
    130.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 784
  • 142.JPG
    142.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 804
  • 140.JPG
    140.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 790

nikos

JimVT Is the original V belt but in some parts, the inserts are in bud contition, so i had to replace the belt with the new one (Good Year).

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i like the sound proofing you did don't forget under the hood as a large amount of noise escaping from under the hood wil be transmitted through the glass in the wind shield i had a hard time swalling it till i sound proofed the hood under my cummins powered pickup

nikos

Hey dds thanks for your, very interesting informations.
:clap:I appreciate your opinion, and always the opinion of others has gravity, and is reckoned when needed to solve a problem.

The large amount of noise escaping from under the hood through the glass is a problem.:unsure:

Whats your opinion about the insulation - deadening polyethylene foam for the cover the engine bonnet.
Does anyone has posted the cover of the engine bonnet with polyethylene deadening foam. Are there any photos.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey dds thanks for your, very interesting informations.
:clap:I appreciate your opinion, and always the opinion of others has gravity, and is reckoned when needed to solve a problem.

The large amount of noise escaping from under the hood through the glass is a problem.:unsure:

Whats your opinion about the insulation - deadening polyethylene foam for the cover the engine bonnet.
Does anyone has posted the cover of the engine bonnet with polyethylene deadening foam. Are there any photos.
in my experiance the best soundproofing will have led in it this gives you a weight pennalty so the next best thing would have to be some kind of acustic foam i have some stuff i can't seem to get any glue to stick to i want to use on my interior it has seemed to work good on my dodge ctd its about 1 inch thick so it sounds like what you have should work fine for what you are doing

nikos

Τhe progress of the work is steady, working out in the engine, and when the work permit repairs and maintains the interior of the cabin. The black color chassis is mixed with primer paint for rust protection.

The black metal parts side of Cabin think to cover it with wood to prevent transfer the cold inside.

I want to improve the internal heat, because the metal surface of the cabinet should emit very cold masses and affect the overall temperature inside the cabin.One reason I do not enter the maintenance process in red cab is that, i am thinking to solve the problem of cooling and insulating the inside.

just finished work on the floor the next day, (the association of seating, tank, handbrake lever, and the coating of plastic floor coated, cables for lights) will begin to work through the cabin roof and side items.

Attachments

• 149.JPG
    149.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Αντίγραφο από 151.jpg
    Αντίγραφο από 151.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 717

nikos

The lowest temperature recorded across Europe yesterday, Monday, January 2 in the town of Florina, where the thermometer showed -18 degrees Celsius!
According to the news of ET3, this phenomenon is extremely rare, and after Florina followed KEM Port of European Russia and -17, in Ivalo, Finland with -14 and Elkinstantir Iceland to -10 degrees Celsius.
Typical is the picture of the river Sakouleva which has been frozen. Picture beautiful to the eye, but clearly shows the extreme weather conditions in Florina and extreme effects they have, especially in our pocket.
Today, the temperature dropped to -14 degrees up and is currently at -13.

Attachments

• ΤΟΠΙΟ 36.jpg
    ΤΟΠΙΟ 36.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 678
  • DSC03006.JPG
    DSC03006.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 680

Lia

Banned
Nikos, the snow trac is just sooo cute; I'd give much to be able to drive one. Awesome looking machine. The pictures that you posted iof Greece are beautiful too; they'd make awesome desktop pics during the winter. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

nikos

Hey Lia
Florina is a typical industrial city of northern Greece.
Because of this isolation from the big cities, big mountains that surround it, have created a picture in which people have to combine business functions in a parallel relationship-management with the natural environment.
(lignite extraction - power plants).
Florina is known for three reasons
a) For low temperatures especially in winter.
b) For the wealth in natural resources - coal, lignite, and natural beauty of both architectural and natural landscape (6 lakes, rivers, wetlands Prespa, traditional villages with stone materials, earth and wood).
c) The designation of the City of Artists. It is the city with most artists, painters and sculptors graduate School of Fine Arts at European level in relation to the resident population. The beauty of the natural and architectural landscape has adversely affect, and has motivated a large proportion.

In my family we have 3 Painters, me, my father and my brother.

I am Professor of Fine courses at the University of Western Macedonia.
In fact, SnowTrac is a vehicle to begin exploring the winter landscape that are difficult to approach otherwise.

Aside from the rides with family and friends, I think that the ST4 is another tool in my work to begin to paint winter landscapes. I hope this year to be able to realize my desire, (ι want to discover and capture the color of winter) because I see that the winter has come early and I have not finished yet the restoration project (Track belting):sad:
Lia Next i send some pics from the places that i want to visit - paint.

nikos

After a short recess (Three days), in the New Year's Day, a change in winter temperatures were the best for the body ( all had frozen inside the workshop), I crossed the highway heading to Athens.
The snow and frost, I left behind - 23 C were replaced with temperatures were between 13 and 15 Celsius.
On Mount Olympus, the mountain of the gods.
On the hill of the Acropolis (I got strength, courage and inspiration):smile:

the next day to return to work (Belting tracks)

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 634

nikos

start walking
The marathon has just started - screwing

Attachments

• 169.JPG